The Lake House/Sandra Bullock

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 08:29 am
I saw The Lake House last night and really liked it.

I wont give away any of the story but Sandra Bullock has an ability to reduce me to near tears by her portrayal of total longing for something.
Maybe it was just the film and the situation, the scenes event only lasted a fw seconds but even now i can still recall how I really felt for her characters predicament.
I wouldnt describe her as the best actress in the world but she certainly knows how to tug at the old heartstrings.

Do any of you agree?
Are there any specific actors/actresses that can portray certain emotions really well?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 909 • Replies: 5
No top replies

vinsan

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 07:44 am
I talk abt my female stars ...

Julia Roberts can Sob very well.
Catherine Zita Jones can display style & eligance very well.
Halle Berry can get angry very well.
Cameron Diaz can smile cute. She has great comic sense.
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 03:31 pm
I have heard mixed feelings about this one -- might be a rental...
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 01:25 am
My first memorable encounter with Ms Bullock was in Wrestling Ernest Hemingway,still,disgracefully,NOT available on DVD.The next was Speed.All her other films up to,but not including,Crash,imho,are forgettable.The self-centered bitch,which she portrayed so convincingly in Crash really impressed me.
Her latest offering,The Lake House,is a Hollywood re-make of a Korean film called Il Mare or Siworae,and is getting great reviews from Joe Public.I love the original but am really looking forward to this new version Cool
0 Replies

Roxy75

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 03:00 pm
Lakehouse
I haven't seen it but I love Keanu Reeves so I'm hoping it's a good one!
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 03:06 pm
"The Lake House" was filmed in Chicago. My daughter worked as an "extra" in one of the restaurant scenes. The cast and crew worked on the filming of that brief scene from early evening until about 3:00 in the morning. My daughter saw a lot of Sandra Bullock during the filming. She described Sandra as a "very fun person".
0 Replies