Self healing brain?

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 04:24 pm
An interesting case. A man spends 19 years in a coma with severe head injuries and suddenly wakes up. Scientists think that the brain is slowly reparing itself...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/5142258.stm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 698 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Krekel

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 04:29 pm
Re: Self healing brain?
Cyracuz wrote:
An interesting case. A man spends 19 years in a coma with severe head injuries and suddenly wakes up. Scientists think that the brain is slowly reparing itself...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/5142258.stm

I've heard, it's great. Just a couple a weeks before I've heard that most brains actually regenerate themselves. So, drink people ... drink! Seriously, if brains have the natural ability to regenerate, it could in a way mean immortality; enhancing natural abilities is a lot easier than to create abilities. The rest of the body is the easy part. This is almost ground breaking.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 05:07 pm
Looks to me that neuroscientists still don't know ****. pardon me.

They have not shown anything. Why won't they just say "We don't know." That would be the truth.

The article could be very simple. Instead they blow it out of proportion.

On the one hand; we'll have scientists going "wow. we did not predict this, but in our educated opinions we ...." BS up the bum.
On the other hand: we'll have religious wackjobs going "It's a miracle! praise god, allah, or the holy peas"

The human brain is a mystery yet. So they witnessed a change in his brain. Big deal. The rest is guessing.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 07:42 pm
anyway hw does wake up, and the damage appears to be healing without any medical influence.

I'd say that's a big deal.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 07:44 pm
Re: Self healing brain?
Cyracuz wrote:

Are we speaking of Slappy?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 08:05 pm
Don't know. Who's Slappy? Smile
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 08:07 pm
Slappy is this slacker that hangs around this site and smokes pot.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 08:16 pm
Don't think I've ever met him...

Anyway, we were talking about a man I read about in the news. Follow the link. Smile
0 Replies