Does A2K represent the nation? If so, how?

dyslexia

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 01:49 pm
well yes, actually I'm not such a nice person in rl as I am on a2k.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 01:52 pm
I commit perjury on that.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 02:16 pm
Dys -- I bet you are! As for me, I wish I were nastier. Been walked over too many times.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 02:48 pm
BBB
I recommend you read John Dean's new book Conservatives Without Conscience to understand the authoritarian personality and their followers:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=78860&start=0

BBB
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 03:14 pm
BBB -- You are one of several people to recommend Dean's book. The interesting thing is that I brought up the notion of the authoritarian personality some time ago -- can not remember whether it was on this forum or the late, lamented abuzz -- but I do remember being thoroughly shot down by the right for even daring to mention any theory that they considered to be thoroughly out-of-date.

Which brings me to where I think the right is coming from and how it gets its info. They are the consumer nation, the followers of fashion, the folks for whom mass media was invented and who are constantly being re-invented by that same lame mass media.

Their shoes pinch but they go on wearing them, then use foul language to us who let them know how ridiculous their shoes are.

I suppose that a certain poster will answer with something from Posner at this point.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 05:42 pm
I suppose John Dean wrote that book with the intention of making no money, but lots of libs really happy. Laughing
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 04:21:34