World drug use on the rise

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 10:50 pm
Opium production in Afghanistan could surge again this year and the demand for cocaine in Europe is higher than ever, a UN watchdog has concluded

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/7381/zwischenablage012nm.jpg
Source: The Guardian, Tuesday June 27, 2006, page 7

Related media articles:

UN reports decline in opium farming

Global Opium Cultivation Down 22 Percent

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/8867/zwischenablage017gj.jpg Link to World Drug Report
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 378 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 01:17 am
Re: World drug use on the rise
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Opium production in Afghanistan could surge again this year and the demand for cocaine in Europe is higher than ever, a UN watchdog has concluded

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/7381/zwischenablage012nm.jpg
Source: The Guardian, Tuesday June 27, 2006, page 7

Related media articles:

UN reports decline in opium farming

Global Opium Cultivation Down 22 Percent

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/8867/zwischenablage017gj.jpg Link to World Drug Report

Good ---drugs are good! Not only are they good, they are great!

Let's get governments out of the business of telling us how we can alter our consciousnesses.

How I may wish to expand or fry my mind should not be a concern of The State.

I'm OK with the notion that mind-friers should not look to society to pay to save them utter ruin.

If you wish to embark upon a path of expansion that might (likely) lead to addiction and ruin, well you have made your choice and I should not be expected to subsidized your rescue.

I find value in the use of mind altering drugs and yet I see no reason for those people who have not chosen to use these drugs, or drug-users who do not destroy their lives, to subsidize the failure of the intellectually, en=emotionally and morally weak.

If we insist on society caring for these wretches, than we cannot argue against society prohibiting the activities that render them as such wretches

I am all for elimination all restrictions on drug use, with the proviso that the State not be expected to care for those who allow drug use to destroy them.

Now to the (likely) extent that the polity is incapable of letting drug addicted wretches destroy themselves, then the simple answer is to tax the purchase of drugs so that the collective funds might be used to help the unavoidable wretches.

Drug use is not an issue of morality, and if it was then we should expect the anti-druggies to be arguing, as vehemently, against booze.

The best solution is for The State to allow it's citizens to use whatever drugs they please (providing that they do not have a demonstrably direct and consistent dilitorious effect on society (e.g. Angel Dust), and should such drug use reduce a citizen into a pathetic and endangered state ---tough!

Worrying about everyone's pain and flaws and prohibiting us from engaging in practices in which we find pleasure go hand in hand.

Liberals, today, represent a school of thought that contends we can have it all, if we just wish hard enough.

Opportunity, in this country, is wide open to everyone. Success is not guaranteed to anyone. The largess of the people should be such that we will not allow the failures to starve to death, but never should we believe that the failures have some right to the minimum, let alone the mean, rewards of those willing to take charge of their lives.

The notion that failures need to, no only be cared for, but brought to a common level of life style is what will bring this nation to ruin.

The marketplace has no tolerance for failure, nor should it.

Democrats will never present this issue in a logical way to their constituents because they are fed by the votes of the failures, and why not. Vote for a bastard like me and you will get easy accessibility to the drugs of you choice, but if such drugs render you helpless in providing value to your community, all bets are off, and may you die on a pile of rubbish and rags in some dank alleyway.
0 Replies