Has anyone heard about MUJCA?

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 10:37 am
A friend of mine keeps emailing me info from this organization. Here is the opening paragraph of their website:

"MUJCA-NET is a group of scholars, religious leaders and activists dedicated to uniting members of the Jewish, Christian and Islamic faiths in pursuit of 9/11 truth. We believe that the process of joining together in search of the truth about 9/11 will bring enormous benefits, regardless of what truths we may discover. While our endorsers and supporters have different views about the probable level of US government complicity in 9/11, all of us agree that a new, honest investigation of the possibility of official complicity is a matter of the most urgent national and global importance.."

My first response is that these folks are conspiracy addicts. What do you think?

link
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 717 • Replies: 13
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 01:26 pm
No matter how many times the aliens tell us they're responsible for crop circles, there's alway some idiot in a baseball cap and T-shirt trying to claim credit for one somewhere.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 03:22 pm
Another link from my friend:

http://911revisited.com/video.html
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 05:17 pm
Guys. I need help with this. My friend is relentless. Should I post this in a different thread?

Politics?
World Events?
Humor?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 05:50 pm
My call would be humor ... but whatever. I understand your frustration, Neo, but on the otherhand, that sorta poppycock isn't gonna drum up any serious discussion wherever it pops up; it just draws trolls like garbage draws flies.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 08:12 pm
The guy is outrageously sincere and seems genuinely hurt when I discount his 'evidence'.

Not that I wouldn't be surprised by any shenanigans the government might pull. But this seems so far fetched. And many of the 'scientists' are Muslims.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 09:29 pm
I appreciate your concern, but frankly, there really is no rational way to correct and educate those determined to believe such stuff ... conspiracy theories, aliens, and improbable beasts are ever so much more entertaining than plain old boring, cut-and-dried facts. Perhaps now you may begin to understand the futility of debating science vs religion; same thing, really, all the way through. Evidence, logic, and reason just don't influence one determined to embrace the fantastic.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 09:40 pm
The idea of seeking a common ground of understanding is definetly one to be pursued if you ask me.

But...

Quote:
The guy is outrageously sincere and seems genuinely hurt when I discount his 'evidence'.

I can relate to the situation. We see things differently, and when we're ablaze with ideas we do not always remember this, and failure to understand is often taken for resistance to understand, hence the "hurt" or frustration.

But his conviction should stand for a sceptical friend at least if he expects it to endure true resistance..
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 10:03 pm
timberlandko wrote:
I appreciate your concern, but frankly, there really is no rational way to correct and educate those determined to believe such stuff ... conspiracy theories, aliens, and improbable beasts are ever so much more entertaining than plain old boring, cut-and-dried facts. Perhaps now you may begin to understand the futility of debating science vs religion; same thing, really, all the way through. Evidence, logic, and reason just don't influence one determined to embrace the fantastic.
True faith is based on reason. I know non believers scoff, but Paul admonishes us to "Keep testing whether YOU are in the faith . . ." (2Corinthians 13:15) A person who relies on the 'once saved, always saved' philosophy falls into credulity at the outset.

Can someone relate how credulity is involved in the thermite proposition?

Links:
http://911revisited.com/video.html

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/thermite.htm

If thermite was present, would that prove US conspiracy or additional terrorist planning?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 10:49 pm
Interesting, Neo. You'll never get a scoff out of me (it would really have to be drooling-and-rubbing-peanut-butter-on-one's-naked-body type crazy). I mean, I just posted a thread about witnessing a UFO!!!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 12:28 am
Popular Mechanics (March, 2005): 9/11: Debunking The Myths (slow to load, but worth the wait)

9/11 Myths - dot - Com (Concise, detailed, continually updated w/latest pertinent info)
From the website's splash page:
Quote:
The web is full of sites covering various conspiracy theories. Many seem well-researched, and appear to have plenty of detailed documentation to prove their claims. But are they really true?

We don't know, but one good way to start is by checking a few claims for yourself. We tried that with a number of 9/11 sites, with surprising results. Many of the "facts" we read were distorted, or simply wrong. Quotes were routinely taken out of context. Relevant information was often ignored. And much of this could be discovered with a minimum of online research.

Whatever you believe about 9/11, the spreading of false claims helps no-one, and we'd like to play a small part in revealing some of them. We're not about debunking entire conspiracies, then, but will use this site to zoom in on what we think are the more dubious stories, revealing the misquotes, the distortions, the inaccuracies that are so common online.

But does this make us an authority? No. If we've an overall message here, it's check things for yourself. Don't trust a site just because it's telling you what you want to believe. Don't believe us without evaluating our arguments and checking the references we provide, either (we're as likely to make mistakes as anyone else). Look into the claims yourself, discover both sides of the argument, and make your own mind up. The truth deserves nothing less.

National Institute for Science and Technology: NIST and the Worl Trade Center (Literally thousands of pages including numerous downloadable many-hundred-page .pdf's of actual resarch, reports, and findings)

And finally, essentially a much-more-heavilly-detailed expansion of the earlier referenced Popular Mechanics article, the upcoming (Scheduled publication Aug. '06) book, Debunking 9/11 Myths : Why Conspiracy Theories Can't Stand Up to the Facts ... the book has not even hit the shelves, and already the whackos are pouncing on it. The comments they've posted beautifully illustrate the paranoid lunacy characteristic of the lot.

Now, again, those determined to embrace the fantastic will remain undisuaded by mere facts, logic, and reason. Never have been, never will - is an absolute immunity thing ... always has been, always will be. Remember, no matter how many times the aliens tell us they're responsible for crop circles, some idiot in a baseball cap and T-shirt will try to claim credit for one somewhere.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 07:11 am
Thanks, Timber. I'll email him a link to this thread. Maybe he'll join a2k and give us his spin.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2006 01:45 pm
I'm glad the board is up again. What was the problem????
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2006 04:46 pm
Server problems - dunno for sure if its fixed or just patched, but it works for now.
0 Replies