What sort of disks to usefor backup

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 10:33 am
I have Sonic Backup MyPC version on my new computer. What sort of disks should I use?

I hope this goes through - I tried posting it fifteen minutes ago and it simply disappeared.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 435 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Tomkitten

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 10:38 am
What sort of disks to usefor backup
Sorry - Version 6.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 11:50 am
I do general backups to external hard drive Some things I do back up to optical disk - I've been using Dual-layer DVD for that quite a while now, since the capacity is greater than other optical media, but any high quality writable optical disk, CD or DVD, should be OK - I recommend you stick with name brands, and mebbe experiment a bit; some burners work better with some brands of disk. Generally, its best, IMO, to back up critical stuff to write-onece disks; RW disks have some potential for data corruption, particularly after multiple rewrites.
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 07:32 pm
Use branded Grade A dvd's (As long as you have a dvd writer), personally i would recommend buying a portable hard drive to back up, easy to use and pretty reliable.
0 Replies