Let's go ride a trikke!

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 03:58 pm
Have you ever ridden one of these?

http://www.trikke.com/graphics/T12herofhoto.jpg

Oh my gosh it is so much fun.

I bought Mo one at a garage sale today for $10. It took me a bit to figure it out and I am still painfully inept but this thing is a blast!

Now I just need to teach Mo how to ride it.

<snicker>

www.trikke.com
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,018 • Replies: 8
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 07:18 pm
I don't see any pedals. Does it only go downhill?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 07:21 pm
NickFun wrote:
I don't see any pedals. Does it only go downhill?

As you can plainly see (bonehead) the front wheel is smaller than the back 2 wheels so it is always going downhill.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 07:22 pm
i believe boomerang has perfected perpetual motion
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 07:44 pm
No, it doesn't have pedals and downhill is definately easier!

According to the web site it is similar to skiing. For us po' kids it is a little wiggle motion thing. You wiggle your hips and wiggle your hands and push your feet around in a goofy way and the thing just starts zooming around. It's kind of like getting really drunk and dancing.

Everyone who saw this thing today wanted to try it. I even caught one neighbor trying to test it secretly! I caught him red handed and he blushed and I knew right then why my friend married him.

I am totally not kidding about how fun this thing is. I'm going to sneak it up to the school grounds and test it out on the big flat smooth courts.

Maybe I just like to wiggle and this gives me a nice excuse.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 08:00 pm
wow....that does look like fun!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 08:15 pm
Never saw one. I've seen pictures of row bikes, and believe me, there isn't much ground clearance. I have ridden a kick bike. It's fun, but it just doesn't do hills. There is also such a thing as a hand bike, but again, not for me. Now, the little three wheel recumbants might do. The wheels incline for cornering, and boy, are they fast on level ground. I mean fast. Almost zero visibility in traffic, though.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 08:24 pm
When I was a kid we used to play on these things we called a "turtle".

It had a little plastic form that you sat in tailor fashion then you hunched over to the handle bars and wiggled them back and forth and the thing zoomed around.

This is like a turtle only you stand up and use your legs too.

I'll have to see if I can find a photo of a turtle. I know I have seen them in catalogues within the last couple of years.....

Yeah-- those recumbent bikes seem really dangerous to me. Way too low to the ground for safety.

These things take quite a bit of wiggle room - especially for the novice. It would not fit into a bike lane because you really have to zig and zag to get it going. I would never attempt to ride it on a street with any traffic.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 08:43 pm
"Flying Turtle" scooter:

http://imagescommerce.bcentral.com/merchantfiles/5116101/flying%20turtle%20purple.jpg
0 Replies