nintendo! =]

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 07:59 am
hopefully 'old school' nintendos won't become unpopular...
i love nintendo and prefer playing on mine to PS2's and x-boxes does anyone agree?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 876 • Replies: 6
No top replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 09:43 am
I do. I am a big fan of the classic games, and many of them have enough depth and are fun enough to still be enjoyable today. So what if the graphics aren't ultra-photo-realistic? They were just darned fun to play. I had a Super Nintendo until just recently when it fried from age and use. I'm thinking of replacing it soon, and I may keep an eye out for an NES and maybe a Sega Genesis. I like my games without many complicated controls using 14 button controllers, but I'm a dying breed of gamer. Most people want their games to be as realistic as possible, so that means many buttons and commands. I own only a Playstation One right now, and have no plans to upgrade. I have played very few PS2 games, one X-Box game, no X-Box 360 games, and I could go on but I'd bore you (more). The point is, my interest peaked with the PSOne, and I don't intend to spend spend hundreds of dollars on a machine that will be obsolete, gaming-wise, inside of a year. I have a lot of fun with the games on the PSOne and back, so I'm content.
The newer games and systems have their charm, I'm sure, but give me the old school any day.
0 Replies

Raener

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 08:57 pm
Nintendo eh? I don't know about you two but the Nintendo Wii will be the greatest next generation console to be released of the near future. Cheap, innotive and stylish. Only flaw some techheads will moan about is there is no high definition with the Wii. In my eyes there is nothing wrong there, it's about the gameplay and the experience.

I used to be a big Sony Playstation fan having had a PS1 as my first console but their arrogant and price way they have chosen has dissapointed me totally. I feel robbed of a perfectly good system that is out of my financial and desperate reach. For me it's the Wii. Anyone else care to express?
0 Replies

blink me

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 06:57 am
I don't play for the experience... jeez I don't know what I play for. They're just so addictive I just love Nintendos because... well... they're Nintendos. =]
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 02:02 pm
I play because I love playing. I don't really care what system it is, as long as the games are fun. But I have no desire to spend hundreds of dollars for a game system, then another hundred or so every time I want a game. I'll stick with my classics. The Wii may be a great system, and it may outsell the others. Time will tell. But you won't see me standing in line for it, nor when the PS3 or the next X-Box come out.
From what I see online, my new couch cost less than the PS3 will. My entertainment center was about the same price as the Wii will be. I understand there are some, or even a lot, of gamers that will be willing to pay those prices to get their hands on the next generation video game consoles. I just don't happen to be one of them.
0 Replies

bendragonbrown

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 11:26 am
Benji does indeed agree. With the virtual console service on the wii, there's no chance people are going to stop playing old school games as well as new ones.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 03:55 pm
Super Nintendo, one of the best!
0 Replies