Bible

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 06:43 am
Many people think that Bible is the best classic work.It includes all human qualities.I only read a little about Bible in my childhood.what do you think of Bible? can you show me some sentences in Bible? thank you very much.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,239 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Herema

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 07:12 am
hello whitesnow,

I am not sure what you are looking for here. There are many sentences in the Bible and many writers use the inspiration from the verses even though it is covered by copyright. The wording is copyrighted, but the concepts and ideas are public it seems. Even Shakespear repeatedly "stole" from the bible. "Every good writer plagiarizes at least once, but a really good writer just flat out steals it, making it their own." (in quotes because it is not my idea, but I thought it was cute)

so......what are you looking for here?
0 Replies

whitesnow10

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 07:42 am
Thanks!
hello Herema:
First ,thank you for you answering my question .To be turth ,In my life I want to be a goodheart person.I want do my best to help poor and disable people in my around.but sometimes I meet some hardship and so on.so I want to find some spirit in order to never give up my hope. you know just this.
0 Replies

Herema

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 08:14 am
Ecclesiastes 9:4 For to him that is joined to all the living, there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

I remember this verse when I feel like things in my life are so out of control and unfair....and going completely wrong. I am still alive, and therefore I still have hope for a better life.

there are many verses about hope in Hebrews. Hope is when we still have not attained something, yet believe it is possible. When we attain it, there is no longer a need for the hope.

"hope" this has helped you a little

me agapi kai filia
0 Replies

whitesnow10

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 09:46 pm
thank you very much herema!
0 Replies

jeanniefranks

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 02:35 am
BIBLE
Oh yes! It's the #1 best-selling book of all time. That's true. I like to describe it this way to those who ask.... BIBLE= Basic
Information
Before
Leaving
Earth

0 Replies

jeanniefranks

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 03:00 am
Re: BIBLE
Whitesnow10,
This is my all-time favorite. Print it out and tape it onto the wall where you'll see it daily as a source of inspiration. That's what I did. I just LOVE it!!
Good luck in your quest my brother!! - Jeannie

"THE PATH OF THE RIGHTEOUS MAN IS BESET ON ALL SIDES BY THE INEQUITIES OF THE SELFISH AND THE TYRANNY OF EVIL MEN. BLESSED IS HE, WHO IN THE NAME OF CHARITY AND GOODWILL, SHEPHERDS THE WEAK THROUGH THE VALLEY OF DARKNESS. FOR HE, IS TRULY HIS BROTHERS KEEPER AND THE FINDER OF LOST CHILDREN. AND I WILL STRIKE DOWN UPON THEE WITH GREAT VENGEANCE AND FURIOUS ANGER THOSE WHO WOULD ATTEMPT TO POISON AND DESTROY MY BROTHERS. AND YOU WILL KNOW THAT I AM THE LORD, WHEN I LAY MY VENGEANCE UPON THEE!"
- Ezekiel 25:17
0 Replies

Jack of Hearts

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 04:53 pm
"Come ye, therefore, let us go down, and confound their tongue, that they may not understand one another's speech." Gen. 11:7
0 Replies