real

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 03:07 pm
What is real?

We've discovered so many intertwined realities that I suddenly find this one a legitimate question.

So, what is real? Where does the shait indeed hit the fan? That is the crucial point, I think. What does it boil down to. That is real, as far as I can determine. Still, what is it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 461 • Replies: 1
No top replies

coberst

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 03:55 pm
Truth for me is what I need to know in order to be in proper relationship with reality. Truth for the relationship between me and an object is different than truth for my relationship with other humans. The truth for subject to object is generally stable and once determined remains unchanged, I am speaking in broad terms here.

Truth regarding my relationship with other humans evolves and changes dramatically over time. There are many forces that affect this change but one very important cause for this change is ideology. Truth regarding interpersonal relationships are not generally given by nature but are determined by humans. Humans can easily make false today what was true yesterday and make true today what was false yesterday. Truth is the cards in a Three Card Monty game. It behooves us all to keep a careful eye on the cards because the dealer wants our blind passivity and acceptance and is educated in the ways to achieve this.

Ideology is the major means for forming that social relationship truth. As I mentioned the bullfight is a good analogy. The bull is big and strong and easily fooled; ideology is the cape and the Matador controls the cape.

I think that there are three types of ideologies: Overt, covert, and ultra covert. An example would be religion and politics being primarily overt, while smaller elements of these two would be covert. The most successful capes for diverting the bull are the ultra covert aspects of all ideologies. They are so successful that the bull recognizes the truth they create is directly an act of Mother Nature. Ultra covert ideology offers propaganda that makes misfortune appear as being an act of God, like a hurricane, rather than an act of humans.

I think that most ideologies have a big store on Main Street where the public can observe all that is going on, they think; the important things that will not be as successful if the public becomes aware of what are done in the back room out of sight.
0 Replies