• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 444 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 04:11 am
The the joke is all on you Smile

But I have had similar thoughts.

At times it is frustrating that the objective of our activity is to diminish our own realization of this potential. For myself I have always lived by the motto "be all you can be".

But I think the rule of nature holds strong even here. To say that the process of creating a society of automatic equipment is harmful to the intellectual growth of the general population, is a reasonable assumption.
But the creation of this system in itself, is a great realization of human potential.

So we can say that one person's "unfolding" can be restrictive for the realization of potential on others.
0 Replies

coberst

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 06:05 am
Cyracuz wrote:
The the joke is all on you Smile

But I have had similar thoughts.

At times it is frustrating that the objective of our activity is to diminish our own realization of this potential. For myself I have always lived by the motto "be all you can be".

But I think the rule of nature holds strong even here. To say that the process of creating a society of automatic equipment is harmful to the intellectual growth of the general population, is a reasonable assumption.
But the creation of this system in itself, is a great realization of human potential.

So we can say that one person's "unfolding" can be restrictive for the realization of potential on others.

Our potentiol for instrumental rationality is very high but our potentiol for communicative rationality is very low. Instrumental rationality creates the bomb and communicative rationality is not able to prevent us from dropping it on one another's head.
0 Replies

xguymontagx

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 06:10 am
Well I think as a civilization there we have tapped into alot of our potential. For instance whenever Iamb flying in a plane over the interstate or driving on said interstate I marvel at the intelligence and massiveness of it's construction and design. The same can be said for enormous sky scrapers, the design of huge cities, and all the day to day tasks that keep everything running. It is only the existence and cooperation of so many of us that any of that is possible.

by the way that guy who is building those roads and buildings is tapping into alot of his physical abilities, namely the ability to work long long hours without tiring.

Doctors and chemists who advance all the medical technology and drugs definitely tap into alot of their intellectual potential.

look at all the things we as a species achieve due to specialization.

Maybe if you'd like to tap into your full physical potential you could start going to ninja school between computer sessions.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 06:29 am
The guy that can make a really good donut that doesnt go stale in 20 minutes is my hero.

My philosophy is that weve accomplished so much despite all our gods not because of them. They are but petulant little egoists who need constant stroking and obeissance . I dont need all that ****, Im too busy trying to make my world a better place. Besides , today I have ta hang a whole bunch of new towel racks we had made outta wrought iron and aint no god gonna lay out the pencil lines for me.
0 Replies

coberst

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 07:46 am
We are often driven by our expectations rather than our talents and potential.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 02:47 pm
Sometimes talent alone cannot get you all the way. Untapped potential is so precicely because it is unknown. What you expect may not be what you get. But even so these expectations have their uses, because sometimes it's hard find a footing when you don't know the terrain.
0 Replies