Question for CEOs: Can Capitalism Survive Sans War?

coberst

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 11:02 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 387 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 03:56 pm
I have a question for you. What makes you think a CEO would actually visit this site?
0 Replies

coberst

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 03:13 am
I suspect every one here is an apprentice CEO.

My OP is somewhat an attempt at irony I guess. This kind of post should be placed in a politics forum maybe; the problem for me is that I want a discussion of this matter that is rational rather than emotional. One can get only emotional partisanship in the other category.

It seems to me that we capitalist are too easily led into a "dogmatic slumber" by our dominant ideology. I think that we too seldom stop and do a critical analysis of our way of life. I think we do not examine our egocentric and sociocentric tendencies enough.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 03:57 am
Emotion always wins out in the end, for we are emotional creatures. When one side refuses to listen to your logic and even acknowledge it, what else can you do but resort to emotion?
0 Replies

coberst

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 05:23 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Emotion always wins out in the end, for we are emotional creatures. When one side refuses to listen to your logic and even acknowledge it, what else can you do but resort to emotion?

I disagre. Try to enlighten them by illuminating the tendency toward egocentric behavior. We are all faced with a strong ego that is always ready to protect us from rational behavior that might be damaging to the ego.
0 Replies