Would you like give me the reason?

chenxi

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 01:37 am
Embarrassed I am a girl,And I like watch football games,especially the World Cup.This morning,my teacher ,who teaches us "English listening" ,asked us to find the reason "Why people like watch football?They look for what?Especially those who just like watch but don't like play it yourself."
I become a little confused when I hears this question.Yes,Why are we enjoy watching football?What can we get from it?Could give me your reason? Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 628 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 03:31 am
Hi Chenxi, I will try to answer your question, but first of all, I will correct your English if I may.

You say "and I like watch football", when you should be saying "and I like to watch football"

You like TO watch football.
They like TO watch football..... etc. etc.

I like to watch football. The main reason that I like to watch it, is that it is a fast flowing competetive game, filled with excitement, tension and passion.
I admire the technical skills of the players and love the way that they can fit in with one another, and play as a team.

As far as the World Cup is concerned, I love the way that people from all over the world can come and play football with each other, their fans can travel to the tournament to support them, and everyone can enjoy a carnival like atmosphere for three or four weeks.
In my view, sport of any kind brings the people of the world together, and that MUST be a good thing.
0 Replies