The Dark Side of the Rainbow

jnkie

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 05:48 am
Hi. I recently read that if you watch The Wizard of Oz (Original version) whilst listening to Pink Floyds' The Dark Side of the Moon, you will find striking synchronized events. It almost appears as if the album was recorded to be a soundtrack for the movie (something which Pink Floyd denies). But none the less, there are many sites dedicated to this phenomenon. Whats the point of all this you may be wondering. Well, firstly I would like to know what the experts think about this. Secondly, I am looking for a copy of the ready-made DVD (movie with album already dubbed over). It is called The Dark Side of the Rainbow. I would really appreciate any and all help you can give me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 680 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Chai

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 08:31 pm
hmm, I'd never heard of that...but here's a LINK that's a good starting off place.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 04:05 pm
Quote:
During the line "Don't be afraid to care," Dorothy caresses a chick.

Odd, how lines can seem to take on a whole new meaning.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 05:29 pm
I'm wondering who sits around comparing these movies to albums.
0 Replies

pokernut951

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 09:56 pm
Here it is on You Tube. It's best if you have High Speed internet. It's real strange because it cuts into sequences with the music, like track number 2 when Dorothy falls into the pigs pen. If you got 42 minutes to spare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71aJlRZARjQ&search=dark%20side%20of%20the%20rainbow
0 Replies

jnkie

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 03:57 am
Thanks for the info. Laughing I am still looking for a DVD copy of the sync. If anybody can help. I will surely make it worth the effort, I'll even part with hard cash if so desired. :wink:
0 Replies

xguymontagx

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 03:37 am
when the loin roars
I can't remember I think it's when the lion roars he 2nd or third time....in either case it's when the loin roars for the last time at the beggining of the Wizard of OZ. At that moment hit play on the Dark Side of the moon CD....it should match up. Well at least alot of it will, there are still a few parts that don't.

oddly enough the first time I heard about this was a special interest piece on the local news.
0 Replies