A life without religion.

snood

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 09:48 am
There is near consensus on the impact of life without religion. I'd be interested in the replies one would get to a "life without spirituality" question.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 09:51 am
snood wrote:
There is near consensus on the impact of life without religion. I'd be interested in the replies one would get to a "life without spirituality" question.

Snood- That WOULD be interesting. Why don't you start a thread?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 10:10 am
snood wrote:

That's harder for me to answer. I would have to give it more thought. Please start a new thread. Thanks.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 10:41 am
Bookmark.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 07:34 am
Way to kill a thread, Syn.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 07:38 am
Wasn't your fault, Syn. The "Life without spirituality" thread started up, and everyone seems to have moved over there.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 07:43 am
kevnmoon wrote:
I am so so sad about all reply about this topic.. Religion is life-style of mankind..

…Yes, whoever finds the boundless sea of mercy, surely does not rely on his own mirage-like will and choice, which is like a mirage; he does not abandon mercy and have recourse to his will...

…As the fire-fly relies on its own miniscule light and remains in the boundless darkness of the night, and since it does not rely on itself, the honey-bee finds the sun of daytime, and observes all its friends, the flowers, gilded with the sunlight….

See here? This is the stuff that puts me off. People saying, "Oh, I'm so sad about so and so" and then looking down on you as if you're some pitiful soul that rejected common sense.

It's probably not intentional, but to me, it reeks of elitist snobbery.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 07:54 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
kevnmoon wrote:
I am so so sad about all reply about this topic.. Religion is life-style of mankind..

…Yes, whoever finds the boundless sea of mercy, surely does not rely on his own mirage-like will and choice, which is like a mirage; he does not abandon mercy and have recourse to his will...

…As the fire-fly relies on its own miniscule light and remains in the boundless darkness of the night, and since it does not rely on itself, the honey-bee finds the sun of daytime, and observes all its friends, the flowers, gilded with the sunlight….

See here? This is the stuff that puts me off. People saying, "Oh, I'm so sad about so and so" and then looking down on you as if you're some pitiful soul that rejected common sense.

It's probably not intentional, but to me, it reeks of elitist snobbery.

Absolute ditto. It makes me want to puke.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 09:31 am
Of course, it's not limited to religionists. But for some reason, it only makes me want to puke when it comes from religionists.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 09:39 am
Thanks for still visiting this thread.

I agree with the pukeyness but try not to knock those that have religion in their lives.I just try to avoid them if they start to 'go on one'.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 08:50 am
material girl wrote:
Thanks for still visiting this thread.

I agree with the pukeyness but try not to knock those that have religion in their lives.I just try to avoid them if they start to 'go on one'.

A fair way of handling the overzealous, I think. There are probably more of those type - the ones people have to avoid when they go "on one" - who identify themselves as 'religious', but there are also overzealous folks whose zeal involves a kind of fascination with themselves, and their own views. Anyone valuing their own serenity will avoid that type, as well.
0 Replies

Dizzy Delicious

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 08:30 pm
Pauligirl wrote:
These days, I simply can't understand how anyone can believe it.

P

Too bad!
0 Replies

Dizzy Delicious

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 08:32 pm
snood wrote:

How do those without a religion face death?
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 08:34 pm
Dizzy Delicious wrote:
snood wrote:

How do those without a relgion face death?

Death is less scary, instead of judgement its, well, just death, your dead yur dead. You dont really think about it.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 09:51 pm
I think most think about it more often than they'll admit.
0 Replies

Dizzy Delicious

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 05:55 am
EpiNirvana wrote:
Dizzy Delicious wrote:
snood wrote:

How do those without a relgion face death?

Death is less scary, instead of judgement its, well, just death, your dead yur dead. You dont really think about it.

Like dirty dish water circling the drain?
0 Replies