About placing links

mks6891

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 02:09 am
Shocked My English teacher asked me to place some links on my homework---the WORD FILE, SO that he can know what I had post in the forums.He meant that he can see my posts and others' repy.Since he was unable to my user name and my password,then how can he exam my homework?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 561 • Replies: 1
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 05:57 am
Hi mks.

Let's say that you want to put a link to this question in your homework.

~~~~~~~~~

The easiest thing I've found is to :

1. go to the first post you want (in this case, your first post in this thread);

2. put your cursor above the information that identifies that post. In this case, it's
Code:Post: 2080808 - About placing links

3. right click on that spot (in your original post), and you should get a list of things you can do.

It depends on which browser you're using exactly what that list will say. I use Firefox, so my list includes "copy link location" and "copy". If my homework was being submitted, I would select "copy link location", and then "paste" the information into my homework. If the teacher was simply going to read a hard copy of my assignment, I'd use "copy".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you can give a bit more information about what browser you're using, and how your homework is given to the teacher, I can try to help you some more with this.
0 Replies