Teeny-weeny type

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 02:36 pm
The type on my computer is extremely small, including every place type occurs - instructions, Help, on the Internet, off the Internet.

No matter how I try adjusting it under such headings as "Fonts", I cannot get it large enough to read. My preference is 14 point, but even in Word 14 point is minuscule.

There seems to be some disconnect between Font size indicators and what appears on the screen. I don't know how this will look to others, but it looks about 2 point types to me.

P.S. This is a brand new computer; I expected some bugs, but not THIS!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 662 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 03:03 pm
TomKitten--

On the tool bar, open the View menu.

Select Text Size.

Make your choice.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 06:07 pm
Since it was mentioned that it is both on and off the internet, I doubt that the IE settings will fix the total problem.

Should also check Control Panel ~ Display ~ Appearance ~ Font Size. Settings for normal, large and xtra large fonts.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 07:18 pm
also press ctrl key and roll the roller on your mouse.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 07:20 pm
OK, control Panel>Display>Appearance did it; I reduced the resolution to medium.

Then I went to Tools>View etc as suggested, and that helped, although the next larger size is still too small, and the next is pretty big. But big is better, here.

So thanks.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 08:02 pm
TomKitten--

I'm in a state of unseemly bliss that I could solve a computer problem.

You're most welcome.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 05:44 pm
Teeny-weeny type
I'm still bothered about this little bitty type. Can't anything be set to make a particular font/size the default for a site?

The same thing goes for my email - I have to change the type size with every piece of mail, going out or coming in.

I know it sounds small, but it is a nuisance, and I feel there should be some way to make a choice permanent until change it!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 05:53 pm
Did you try my suggestion tomkitten

press ctrl key and roll the roller on your mouse
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 07:01 pm
What resolution, ie, such as 2048x1536 pixels, 1280x1024 pixels or 1024x768 pixels, or whatever x whatever pixels, is your display currently set to?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 09:44 pm
I forgot to mention also
Display - Settings - Advanced - DPI Setting
96 dpi is normal... You can change to 120 or a custom number to increase the size.

As Timber mentioned, the higher the resolution the smaller the items
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 09:04 am
Teeny-weeny type
Yes, the Ctrl+mouse works, and I've got the display problem under control. Now I have to see how other sites go.

Related question: Is there a way to change the font in A2K? I't different, at least on my machine, from what it used to be.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 01:07 pm
Teeny-weeny type
Now I need to figure out how to get the type size more normal in information windows like the ones in Control Panel>Display.
0 Replies