South Africa

zoofer

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 02:33 am
Hey msolga.

How is the weather in Warra Warra? Thats near you.

I have 2 feet of snow outside. Not supposed to do that in the Pacific Northwest.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 07:03 am
Hi zoofer!

I don't exactly know where Warra Warra is, but I'll bet you anything it's hot there! :wink:

Two feet of snow? How did you manage that?
0 Replies

zoofer

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 03:33 pm
It was always on the weather report when I was in Aussie on vacation.
Maybe it is Wharra Wharra? About an inch left and south of Sydney on the weather map.
Laughing
That should locate it!
2 feet of snow! Blame GW Bush. It's the 'in' thing to do these days. Rolling Eyes

Still have but rain is on the way. It will be gone by next week. Then flooded basements.
Very Happy
0 Replies

jnkie

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 05:10 am
zoofer wrote:
18,000 murders a year is nothing to sneeze at. The USA with it's large population only managed 15,000.

Crime is driving many Whites to flee.

Economics as well. Affirmative action forces a company to hire 5 Blacks before one White.

Not counting all the murders that Americans commit abroad, yeah?

Also your Affirmative Action facts are wrong. There certainly is not a fixed quota like you are implying. Sure we have affirmative action, but there are tonnes of jobs for everybody here. You just cant expect to walk into a high level job anymore (like a lot of whites were used to, and I am white BTW).
The world definitely has a warped picture of South Africa. Sure we have crime (who doesn't?), and poor people (who doesn't?) and lots of social issues to sort out. But we are not going to give up (like all the expats out there who are spreading exaggerated rumours and lies about our country to rationalize their own racist feelings). This a great country that lots of 1st world countries can learn a lot from.
Essentially, I love my country and I welcome all foreigners to come and experience the beauty and friendliness of South Africa. Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 02:09 am
zoofer wrote:
It was always on the weather report when I was in Aussie on vacation.
Maybe it is Wharra Wharra? About an inch left and south of Sydney on the weather map.
Laughing
That should locate it!
2 feet of snow! Blame GW Bush. It's the 'in' thing to do these days. Rolling Eyes

Still have but rain is on the way. It will be gone by next week. Then flooded basements.
Very Happy

Ah, I see, now!
I'm in the wrong state for "Wharra Wharra"!
I'm in the state under New South Wales, directly south. (Beautiful Victoria! Very Happy)
Never heard of Wharra Wharra, myself .... I suspect you're making this up! :wink:

Two feet of snow! In early December? You're kidding!
Of course it's got to be his fault! He's an evil, evil man!
0 Replies

zoofer

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:46 pm
Wharra Wharra
I didn't make it up. Also a quick Google didn't find it. I do know the weather temp reports on Sydney TV would range as far as Wharra Wharra(Spelling?) in the S West direction.

Dec is start of winter here.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2006/11/25/vancouver-weather.html?ref=rss
0 Replies

zoofer

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:52 pm
jnkie wrote:

Not counting all the murders that Americans commit abroad, yeah?
Also your Affirmative Action facts are wrong. There certainly is not a fixed quota like you are implying. Sure we have affirmative action, but there are tonnes of jobs for everybody here. You just cant expect to walk into a high level job anymore (like a lot of whites were used to, and I am white BTW).

Inferring what? The removal of Saddam's regime? Why does M'beki prop up Mugabe?

My affirmative action comment was told to me on my last trip to SA. I had no reason to doubt her word.
0 Replies

jnkie

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 02:56 am
A large number of whites living in South Africa also have a warped perception of what affirmative action really is and how it works. Their sons are to proud or lazy to do hard labour or to start at the bottom of an organisation and than blame this lack of drive on affirmative action. I also have family who love to blame all their woes on affirmative action, missquoting and miss representing the facts to hide the fact that they still crave apartheid and all its benefits. Needless to say, I am not invited to attend those family gatherings. But the truth of the matter is that affirmative action is not as bad as that and that there are lots of oppertunities in this country for those who actually want to earn it.

As for crime in South Africa. Yes we do have lots of crime and it does sometimes feel like it is getting out of hand, but its not as bad as some people would have you believe. Statistics are not very reliable (I have the stats to prove it Very Happy ). I do not know one person who has lost anybody due to violent crime (or anybody who has been touched by violent crimes). We have had break-ins at my home, but that was during apartheid. Like I said before, South Africa is not without its troubles, but compared to some of the first world countries we are pretty safe and very pretty.

Mbeki does not prop up Mugabe. South Africa just doesn't see itself as the African police force. Unlike some other countries who think that they rule the planet.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 04:19 am
Wagga Wagga? Walla walla?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 12:08 am
Re: Wharra Wharra

You're posting from Canada! Surprised

Hence my comment about the snow!

I thought you hailed from SA, zoofer! Laughing
0 Replies

zoofer

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 09:42 pm
I do. The old Transvaal.
But ended up in British Columbia. Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 09:50 pm
dadpad wrote:

I think he's got it!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 09:53 pm
zoofer wrote:
I do. The old Transvaal.
But ended up in British Columbia. Smile

... which I have been lead to believe is quite beautiful. (BC I mean)

You live your life in extremes (weather & location-wise), zoofer.)
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 09:55 pm
msolga wrote:
dadpad wrote:

I think he's got it!

I been averywhere man I've been every where
I've been to woollengongong woollengongong woollengongong...........
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 11:06 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

zoofer

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 04:25 pm
Quote:
Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:53 pm Post: 2432522 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zoofer wrote:
I do. The old Transvaal.
But ended up in British Columbia.

... which I have been lead to believe is quite beautiful. (BC I mean)

You live your life in extremes (weather & location-wise), zoofer.)

Not really. SA has the climate that Cali advertises. The snow is gone a new rain storm is on the way but I was able to golf last Tuesday. Regular greens, temp. about 9C
Laughing
I may have to post a few pictures when I get time.
0 Replies