NEW YORK TIMES----AFRICA TURNING TO ISLAM

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 12:00 pm
Please watch as New York Times Reporter stationed In Rwanda, East Africa explains why Islam Is becoming a dominant Religion in Rwanda

Nobody Died In the Mosques....Rwanda Episode

ANOTHER EPISODE FROM NAMIBIA-SOUTHERN AFRICA

ISLAM IN NAMIBIA-SOUTHERN AFRICA

WINDHOEK - It is a Friday afternoon at the Windhoek Islamic Center in Namibia's capital. The center's grounds are buzzing with activity. Over 50 men stand in front of the entrance, some normally dressed in pants and shirts, others more formal in the traditional Islamic wardrobe, the thowb; a white robe that almost reaches the ground.

What is interesting to note is that most of them are from the Nama tribe, one of Namibia 13 indigenous tribes, and they chat away in the language that is full of clicks and is difficult to comprehend for a foreigner.

This is no traditional mosque with its white bearded imam, but the other side of predominantly Christian Namibia.

The Adhan (call to prayer) is now the common call in most neighbors in this country of about 1.8 million people.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,723 • Replies: 32
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 04:13 pm
Well, Rwanda isn't all of Africa. What about the other, what, 25 or so countries?
0 Replies

dalahow2

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 03:31 am
The beginning ...
jespah wrote:
Well, Rwanda isn't all of Africa. What about the other, what, 25 or so countries?

Eastern Africa(Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, I mentioned Rwanda and Namibia, Southern Africa, Nigeria(The Highest In Africa) not to mention most of west Africa because of Arab and touregs Influence..What is remaining If we add the whole of African Arabs in The north.....

This is Just the beginning of good things to come for ISLAM iN Africa..
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 06:57 am
Without valid evidence of the extent to which people fall away from Islam, abandon Islam, the significance of your allegation cannot be reasonbaly judged.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 08:27 am
True. Isn't there another side to this? Surely there are stats on religious increases and decreases of all types for all countries.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 08:33 am
There is such a site for the United States, but i don't recall the address off hand.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 08:45 am
Does the Census cover this kind of thing?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 08:50 am
I'm not sure, but when i've tried to use the Census Bureau to look this kind of thing up, i have had no luck.

Religious Tolerance dot org is the organization i was thinking of.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 09:05 am
Re: The beginning ...
dalahow2 wrote:
jespah wrote:

Eastern Africa(Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, I mentioned Rwanda and Namibia, Southern Africa, Nigeria(The Highest In Africa) not to mention most of west Africa because of Arab and touregs Influence..What is remaining If we add the whole of African Arabs in The north.....

This is Just the beginning of good things to come for ISLAM iN Africa..[/[/b]quote]

Sure..what wonderful things, like person freedom, will be given up in the name of some religion???

Why is it that scoundrals always prey on the weakest?
0 Replies

dalahow2

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 09:56 am
Africa was Just an Example
Setanta wrote:
Without valid evidence of the extent to which people fall away from Islam, abandon Islam, the significance of your allegation cannot be reasonbaly judged.

Infact setanta, based on your logic, you are outrightly denying facts I have presented from various sources including the NEW YORK TIMES REPORTERS based in Nairobi which happens to be in Africa.

I think you need to see Why people are leaving Christianity En masse within able2know topics.

Woiyo,

Islam is not only spreading in Africa but the whole world including the USA, CANADA, Europe and even to the furthest latin America...

Africa was just an example...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 10:02 am
Re: Africa was Just an Example
dalahow2 wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Infact setanta, based on your logic, you are outrightly denying facts I have presented from various sources including the NEW YORK TIMES REPORTERS based in Nairobi which happens to be in Africa.

I think you need to see Why people are leaving Christianity En masse within able2know topics.

No, that is not a logical contradiction. Unless you can show that more people embrace Islam than the number of Muslims who die, or abandon that faith, you have no basis upon which to make your claim. I have not denied the reports to which you refer (and there is no need to shout), i have simply pointed out that such "facts" are meaningless without the context of how many Muslims die, convert to another faith, or abandon Islam to determine if, in fact, Islam is "growing." A signal problem is that nations in the Muslim world frequently do not recognize any other religious faith, and have laws for the execution of those accused of apostasy.

I am no christian, so i have no brief to defend any christian sect. I have looked at that other thread--it is every bit as much drivel as this thread is.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 11:27 am
This page at Religious Tolerance dot org discusses the issue of the relative rates of growth of christianity and islam. Largely, it's a case of "you say tomahtoe and is say tomaytoe . . . "
0 Replies

dalahow2

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 03:40 am
no worry
Setanta wrote:
This page at Religious Tolerance dot org discusses the issue of the relative rates of growth of christianity and islam. Largely, it's a case of "you say tomahtoe and is say tomaytoe . . . "

This are the same same pages that will always try to undermine Islam even when the facts are "convincing"..(I don't know how to convince you that ISLAM is really being "accepted" the whole world.

All types of media either describe ISLAM as evil, distorted, malicious or outdated but still figures show the Rise of ISLAM in various continents even to as far as China and Africa.
Some people who have no understanding of ISLAM have gone ahead to publish websites that talk "ill" of ISLAM.

The spread of ISLAM is partly because of the use of The internet and Islamic resources being available.People tend to compare various religions and many find that ISLAM is acceptable to them.

Now this is the "tomaytoe"..you are talking about

Period.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 03:57 am
Re: no worry
dalahow2 wrote:
Setanta wrote:

This are the same same pages that will always try to undermine Islam even when the facts are "convincing"..(I don't know how to convince you that ISLAM is really being "accepted" the whole world.

All types of media either describe ISLAM as evil, distorted, malicious or outdated but still figures show the Rise of ISLAM in various continents even to as far as China and Africa.
Some people who have no understanding of ISLAM have gone ahead to publish websites that talk "ill" of ISLAM.

The spread of ISLAM is partly because of the use of The internet and Islamic resources being available.People tend to compare various religions and many find that ISLAM is acceptable to them.

Now this is the "tomaytoe"..you are talking about

Period.
Thats a pretty typical response from a bigotted Muslim. Any site that promotes religious tolerance must de facto be anti Islam.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 08:02 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Thats a pretty typical response from a bigotted Muslim. Any site that promotes religious tolerance must de facto be anti Islam.

Quel irony, Mon Vieux, non?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 08:05 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 02:34 pm
Oui

Oui mon ami
0 Replies

dalahow2

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 04:38 am
Setanta wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

...and you two like it like that.......Many people have tried to "extinquish" the light, The truth but the truth will always STAND TALL........

Read this verse from the Holy Quraan.......(Qu'ran, Chapter 9 - Repentance, Verse 32)

""They want to extinquish God's Light with their mouths,but God will not allow except that His Light should be perfected- even though the disbelievers may detest it."

So still try your best...
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 11:58 am
dalahow2 wrote:
Setanta wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

...and you two like it like that.......Many people have tried to "extinquish" the light, The truth but the truth will always STAND TALL........

Read this verse from the Holy Quraan.......(Qu'ran, Chapter 9 - Repentance, Verse 32)

""They want to extinquish God's Light with their mouths,but God will not allow except that His Light should be perfected- even though the disbelievers may detest it."

So still try your best...
What about the Janjaweed militia in Sudan? Slaughtering the Africans in the name of Islam. Now they are moving into Chad thieving and murdering as they go. They have AK47s and missile launchers. The African tribes have bows and arrows and lucky charms. These murderous racists have the backing of the Khartoum government and a vicious creed which justifies land grab in the name of Islam. But they are only killing primitive non muslim people so that's all right eh dalahow2?
0 Replies

dalahow2

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 12:48 pm
basics
Can You differentiate Janjaweed who kill thousands of people and What Islam says about Killing people...

Or Osama Bin Laden killing innocent civilians...

That is not Islam although people who have Islamic identities have faulted...

You surely must go back to the basics..
0 Replies