Line In Recording, Tape To Drive To CD

Sugar

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 01:27 pm
I have the sound card and the cable and the burn software. However, I do not have the recording software (jerks don't bundle it with everything else) and I obviously need some. I run XP and have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card.

So, any free recording software out there? If there isn't what the best program to use? The tapes don't come on CDs so that's not a way around it. I need something fairly idiot proof because I haven't tried doing this before. I understand that they'll still sound 'tape quality' but if I have to buy the software, I'd like something that does a good job of taking out the ticks and pops.

I know people use MusicMatch, Nero and there's a ton of others. Suggestions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,393 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Sugar

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 01:29 pm
Also, I've read that the files shouldn't be converted to MP3s as it compromises the sound a bit more and I'm better off just leaving it as a wav. file and burning it that way. True?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 01:34 pm
I used a program from Canon - forgot the name of it. Musicmatchbox is ok. I recorded the voice mails off our telephone to the puter and turned them to CD as wav and MP3.
The mrs has messages that the kids had left over the past 12 years she thinks they are cute, so she would not delete them. I said I'm sure glad we have such a good telephone company or your heart would be broken if delete the messages.

I have a couple programs to for from WAV to MP3 and back and other formats inbetween, you think I can remember now?? LOL
I'll be back later.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 02:01 pm
IMO if your record the MP3s at a high enough bitrate the quality won't suffer. But there are always issues with such different formats.
0 Replies