Salvation 3 verses flat.

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 12:36 am
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,882 • Replies: 46
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 12:45 am
Bill 10:12 A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back, he ever wants to see a f*cking cross? Kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 12:45 am
And let's not forget:

John 3:16 ~ For God so loved the world that He gave His Only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish.

This is probably my favorite verse in the Bible because it clearly states (at least to me) that God made a gift of salvation to us and that we no longer have to suffer punishment for our sins.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 12:50 am
kickycan wrote:
Bill 10:12 A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back, he ever wants to see a f*cking cross? Kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.

I wouldn't know nor would i persume to know the mind of GOD.

Rom 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to [the will of] God.

I am certainly not he that searcheth the hearts.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 12:51 am
Bill 10:13 I'm sorry if anyone here is Catholic. I'm not sorry if you are offended, I'm actually sorry - just the fact that you're Catholic. Gotta be one of the most ludicrous f*cking beliefs ever. Like these vampire priests sink their twin fangs of guilt and sin into you as a child and suck the joy of life out of you the rest of your f*cking existence.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 12:54 am
Gah where is the IGNORE posts from USER button GAH.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 12:54 am
I have run across another person that has a pretty different way of viewing things. This is pretty much what he believes:

Quote:
I was born with the Spirit of GOd, we are all born of the Spirit and by the Spirit of God....Children of God full of the holy spirit lead away and taken into bondage by the evil in the world we were brought into.... Instructed in error and lead to believe the doctrines of Men........ This was our past...... This is what has happened to all of us..... Believer and unbeliever alike........

He believes that the Bible has completely distorted the true character of God and that Christ was crucified because He was sent to show the true character of God but was killed because of it and not because of our sins.

He will say that certain parts of the Bible are just wrong and others aren't. That is pretty complex how he explains it. I posted this in one of the other threads we are talking in by mistake.

The ignore button goes something like this: CLICK!
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 12:31 pm
but to believe any of those verses youd have to believe the bible.

and if god was true, why would he let his church become so preverted from his "holy plan"?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 12:33 pm
It's called free will. God lets us make our own choices. Mankind has done the damage, not God.
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 12:58 pm
fair enough,

but question, do you believe in perdestination?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 01:02 pm
No, I do not believe in predestination. Just because God knows everything we do and will do that does not mean He interferes with our free will. We decide whether we will be saved or not. Salvation is offered as a gift but it is our choice whether to accept it or not.
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 01:16 pm
well you believe god intervines right?

well if god can use in voice in a burning bush, a voice from the sky, an angel here and there....why wouldnt he try to keep his church pure?

and also "free choice" is kind of an illusion, it like having someone with a gun at your head and saying, do want you want, but if you dont do as i say your dead.

also i dont like the title of this, its like "these 3 verse provee it beyond a doubt that we are right, now convert!" "how do we know the bible is true?" "jesus said so" "how do we know Jesus is true?" "bible said so"

its just not logical.

And waht kind of god would let us have free choice and punush us for using it? you cant put a snake in a cage with a rat and expect it not to eat him. if god knows everything he would know what would happen, and thats cruel for punishing someone for something you could prevent them from doing!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 01:18 pm
EpiNirvana,

Are you one of the "freethinkers?" It's about faith. It is not about proof.
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 01:28 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
EpiNirvana,

Are you one of the "freethinkers?" It's about faith. It is not about proof.

i was a christian so i understand all that stuff, ive heard it all. but if i was god i would want to ppl to test and doubt me every second, i would hate those who have blind faith.

And i dont think you show more faith by covering your ears and just living in your own world, rember its not a sin to doubt, its not a sin to look for truth. And i love truth.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 01:42 pm
If you try to explain God with the human mind, you'll never understand Him. We have to look at God spiritually. God does not tell us to NOT question things. We are to use discernment in all we do.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 02:08 pm
Matt 7 wrote:
Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'

Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Matt 25 wrote:

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 03:04 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
No, I do not believe in predestination. Just because God knows everything we do and will do that does not mean He interferes with our free will. We decide whether we will be saved or not. Salvation is offered as a gift but it is our choice whether to accept it or not.

Without predestination, how can there be prophesy?
Without prophesy, the whole messiah story falls apart.
Somewhat of a connundrum.
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 03:16 pm
i have studied that and its actually very infuriating, there are three thoerys:

Calvinist is God choose us to go to heaven and god chooses us to go to hell. that seems pretty crule but at least it makes sense. what kind of "loving , merciful, wonderful" god would send some to hell and some to heaven and not even let you choose.

some philosopher name starts with A: says ppl choose heaven and ppl choose hell, it our choose all the way, also seems nicer but doctor s bring up a great point to make this weird....Jesus knew what the ppl in the new testament would say to combat it with his knowledge, with out predestinaton it would be alot more crappily written story, god had to predestine what they say

and of course Lutheran: God chooses you to go to heaven and ppl choose hell.....this makes no sense, you have a choose, but you ONLY option is hell,

its like god says to you "there is this shiny place called heaven and i choose who can come with me, and there this bad fire place called hell, now you can only choose one, "i want heaven" "oh no you can only choose hell"

it makes no sense, so only the first to aren't a hippie idiotic set of mind, but both other ones seem pretty bad too.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 03:26 pm
Re: Salvation 3 verses flat.
Scott777ab wrote:
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

This just doesn't cut it in the modern world. Promises, promises!

My shampoo bottle promises "Shiny hair in only two weeks" if I use it regularly. It is My Gospel. The gospel of Outrageous Shampoo. I followed the directions to a tee. My hair isn't any shinier, but it does smell nice.

The bible is an outdated Ad-Campaign. It needs new spinning, don't ya think? Smile
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 06:12 pm
Doktor S,

I don't know how to explain it any simpler. Just because God KNOWS what is going to happen it doesn't mean He MAKES it happen.
0 Replies