What great pleasure and ease are to be found in beliefin God

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 02:53 pm
''In the Name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate.

Those who believe in the Unseen. ..Qur'an, 2:3...

If you want to understand what great happiness and bounty, what great pleasure and ease are to be found in belief in God, listen to this story which is in the form of a comparison:

One time, two men went on a journey for both pleasure and business. One set off in a selfish, inauspicious direction, and the other on a godly, propitious way.

Since the selfish man was both conceited, self-centred, and pessimistic, he ended up in what seemed to him to be a most wicked country due to his pessimism.

He looked around and everywhere saw the powerless and the unfortunate lamenting in the grasp of fearsome bullying tyrants, weeping at their destruction. He saw the same grievous, painful situation in all the places he travelled.

The whole country took on the form of a house of mourning. Apart from becoming drunk, he could find no way of not noticing this grievous and sombre situation. For everyone seemed to him to be an enemy and foreign. And all around he saw horrible corpses and despairing, weeping orphans. His conscience was in a state of torment.

The other man was godly, devout, fair-minded, and with fine morals so that the country he came to was most excellent in his view. This good man saw universal rejoicing in the land he had entered.

Everywhere was a joyful festival, a place for the remembrance of God overflowing with rapture and happiness; everyone seemed to him a friend and relation. Throughout the country he saw the festive celebrations of a general discharge from duties accompanied by cries of good wishes and thanks.

He also heard the sound of a drum and band for the enlistment of soldiers with happy calls of "God is Most Great!" and "There is no god but God!" Rather than being grieved at the suffering of both himself and all the people like the first miserable man, this fortunate man was pleased and happy at both his own joy and that of all the inhabitants. Furthermore, he was able to do some profitable trade. He offered thanks to God.

After some while he returned and came across the other man. He understood his condition, and said to him: "You were out of your mind. The ugliness within you must have been reflected on the outer world so that you imagined laughter to be weeping, and the discharge from duties to be sack and pillage.

Come to your senses and purify your heart so that this calamitous veil is raised from your eyes and you can see the truth. For the country of an utterly just, compassionate, beneficent, powerful, order-loving, and kind king could not be as you imagined, nor could a country which demonstrated this number of clear signs of progress and achievement."

The unhappy man later came to his senses and repented. He said, "Yes, I was crazy through drink. May God be pleased with you, you have saved me from a hellish state."

O my soul! Know that the first man represents an unbeliever, or someone depraved and heedless. In his view the world is a house of universal mourning. All living creature are orphans weeping at the blows of death and separation.

Man and the animals are alone and without ties being ripped apart by the talons of the appointed hour. Mighty beings like the mountains and oceans are like horrendous, lifeless corpses. Many grievous, crushing, terrifying delusions like these arise from his unbelief and misguidance, and torment him.

As for the other man, he is a believer. He recognizes and affirms Almighty God. In his view this world is an abode where the Names of the All-Merciful One are constantly recited, a place of instruction for man and the animals, and a field of examination for man and jinn. All animal and human deaths are a demobilization.

Those who have completed their duties of life depart from this transient world for another, happy and trouble-free, world so that place may be made for new officials to come and work.

The birth of animals and humans marks their enlistment into the army, their being taken under arms, and the start of their duties. Each living being is a joyful regular soldier, an honest, contented official.

And all voices are either glorification of God and the recitation of His Names at the outset of their duties, and the thanks and rejoicing at their ceasing work, or the songs arising from their joy at working.

In the view of the believer, all beings are the friendly servants, amicable officials, and agreeable books of his Most Generous Lord and All-Compassionate Owner. Very many more subtle, exalted, pleasurable, and sweet truths like these become manifest and appear from his belief.

That is to say, belief in God bears the seed of what is in effect a Tuba-Tree of Paradise, while unbelief conceals the seed of a Zakkum-Tree of Hell.''
BSN
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,895 • Replies: 63
No top replies

xingu

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 06:40 pm
And you won't know what great pleasure I get by ignoring religion.
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 07:05 pm
...''for the most part, misguidance and evil are negative, destructive, and pertain to non-existence. While in the great majority of cases, guidance and good are positive, constructive, repairing, and pertain to existence. Everyone knows that one man can destroy in one day a building made by twenty men in twenty days''...

....''just as the man's evil-commanding soul prefers an ounce of immediate, present pleasure to a ton of postponed, hidden pleasure, so too he shrinks at the fear of an immediate slap more than at a year's torment in the future.
Furthermore, if the emotions are dominant in a person, they do not heed the reasoning of the mind. Desires and delusions govern and he prefers the slightest and least significant present pleasure to huge reward in the future.
And he flinches from some minor present distress more than from some terrible postponed torment. For desire, illusions, and emotions do not see the future, indeed, they deny it. And if the soul assists them, the heart, which is the seat of belief, and the mind, fall silent and are defeated. ''.... BSN
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 07:38 pm
Islam was created by the catholic church to take over Jersulaem for the catholic church. WHich instead of handing Jersulaem over instead the Islam kept the land for them selves. Do some history searches. Its out there.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 07:56 pm
I find Jello to be very refreshing, especially with pineapple.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 07:59 pm
That would have to be canned...
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 08:20 pm
I do.. Scott...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 08:22 pm
Is that our first gay marriage...?
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 08:24 pm
I am sorry if I used wrong sentence.. English is not my own language..
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 08:28 pm
Re: What great pleasure and ease are to be found in beliefin
kevnmoon wrote:
''In the Name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate.

Those who believe in the Unseen. ..Qur'an, 2:3...

If you want to understand what great happiness and bounty, what great pleasure and ease are to be found in belief in God, listen to this story which is in the form of a comparison:

One time, two men went on a journey for both pleasure and business. One set off in a selfish, inauspicious direction, and the other on a godly, propitious way.

Since the selfish man was both conceited, self-centred, and pessimistic, he ended up in what seemed to him to be a most wicked country due to his pessimism.

He looked around and everywhere saw the powerless and the unfortunate lamenting in the grasp of fearsome bullying tyrants, weeping at their destruction. He saw the same grievous, painful situation in all the places he travelled.

The whole country took on the form of a house of mourning. Apart from becoming drunk, he could find no way of not noticing this grievous and sombre situation. For everyone seemed to him to be an enemy and foreign. And all around he saw horrible corpses and despairing, weeping orphans. His conscience was in a state of torment.

The other man was godly, devout, fair-minded, and with fine morals so that the country he came to was most excellent in his view. This good man saw universal rejoicing in the land he had entered.

Everywhere was a joyful festival, a place for the remembrance of God overflowing with rapture and happiness; everyone seemed to him a friend and relation. Throughout the country he saw the festive celebrations of a general discharge from duties accompanied by cries of good wishes and thanks.

He also heard the sound of a drum and band for the enlistment of soldiers with happy calls of "God is Most Great!" and "There is no god but God!" Rather than being grieved at the suffering of both himself and all the people like the first miserable man, this fortunate man was pleased and happy at both his own joy and that of all the inhabitants. Furthermore, he was able to do some profitable trade. He offered thanks to God.

After some while he returned and came across the other man. He understood his condition, and said to him: "You were out of your mind. The ugliness within you must have been reflected on the outer world so that you imagined laughter to be weeping, and the discharge from duties to be sack and pillage.

Come to your senses and purify your heart so that this calamitous veil is raised from your eyes and you can see the truth. For the country of an utterly just, compassionate, beneficent, powerful, order-loving, and kind king could not be as you imagined, nor could a country which demonstrated this number of clear signs of progress and achievement."

The unhappy man later came to his senses and repented. He said, "Yes, I was crazy through drink. May God be pleased with you, you have saved me from a hellish state."

O my soul! Know that the first man represents an unbeliever, or someone depraved and heedless. In his view the world is a house of universal mourning. All living creature are orphans weeping at the blows of death and separation.

Man and the animals are alone and without ties being ripped apart by the talons of the appointed hour. Mighty beings like the mountains and oceans are like horrendous, lifeless corpses. Many grievous, crushing, terrifying delusions like these arise from his unbelief and misguidance, and torment him.

As for the other man, he is a believer. He recognizes and affirms Almighty God. In his view this world is an abode where the Names of the All-Merciful One are constantly recited, a place of instruction for man and the animals, and a field of examination for man and jinn. All animal and human deaths are a demobilization.

Those who have completed their duties of life depart from this transient world for another, happy and trouble-free, world so that place may be made for new officials to come and work.

The birth of animals and humans marks their enlistment into the army, their being taken under arms, and the start of their duties. Each living being is a joyful regular soldier, an honest, contented official.

And all voices are either glorification of God and the recitation of His Names at the outset of their duties, and the thanks and rejoicing at their ceasing work, or the songs arising from their joy at working.

In the view of the believer, all beings are the friendly servants, amicable officials, and agreeable books of his Most Generous Lord and All-Compassionate Owner. Very many more subtle, exalted, pleasurable, and sweet truths like these become manifest and appear from his belief.

That is to say, belief in God bears the seed of what is in effect a Tuba-Tree of Paradise, while unbelief conceals the seed of a Zakkum-Tree of Hell.''
BSN

So, you didn't know what any of this meant?
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 08:32 pm
I copy and paste.. And I know all words of this in English and orginal language.. I read it in my language , perhaps 35 times and also wrote perhaps 3 times.. But I don't know slang English...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 08:37 pm
Why don't you cut and paste something cheerful?

Are you plagued with horrible, miserable thoughts, like that disturbing mess you posted?
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 08:43 pm
These lines r aid to my master.. If we believe so hard, we understand real cheerfull side of universe..
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 08:48 pm
Can you read literature?
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 08:50 pm
It ıs easy to read medical literature for me but in religious litearature I need dictionary..
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 09:02 pm
Wouldn't you like to relax and meet people, instead of trying to press your religious beliefs on them?
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 09:11 pm
Yeah .. may be.. But everybody is so serious here.. Sometime, they joke.. but their words r so closed.. When I look to dictionary I can't find these phareses .. so connection with them is difficult for me..

Why do I copy and paste...? I don't want to change their ideas but open mind .. And also they ve to know our religion is not same they suppose..

Religious matters r so heavy.. It may be easy step and step.. If you notice my post you see ...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 09:15 pm
Don't worry. Be happy.
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 09:17 pm
Thank you...
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 09:30 pm
Hey kev - just to let you know...

A lot of people just post on the religion threads to criticize and ridicule. Be aware, they don't have good intentions toward you.

If they were acting on good motives, they would leave the religious threads to those with religion, or at least make an effort to treat the religions with some respect. But as you can see, their intentions are not positive.

I just wanted to let you know, so that you don't expect anyone here to try to discuss your posts seriously.
0 Replies