how do i lose weight fast!!??

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 03:41 pm
okay i'm thirteen and i weight 98lbs. i know you probably don't think thats a lot but i'm very short i'm only 4'6" so it makes me look huuuuge now i need to know how to lose about 5-10 pounds in less than a month without crash dieting? Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 859 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 04:00 pm
KayceeMargaret--

Welcome to A2K.

Quote:
i need to know how to lose about 5-10 pounds in less than a month without crash dieting?

How tall are you?

How many days is "less than a month"?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 04:01 pm
Meth
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 04:06 pm
Gus--

You're already in deep trouble for messing around with jail bait.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 04:10 pm
I am? Please elucidate.
0 Replies

KayceeMargaret23

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 04:11 pm
i'm 4'6 and i have 23 days to lose weight
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 04:13 pm
Cut off one of your arms.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 04:17 pm
Kaycee, Gus was trying to be funny but his advice is dangerous. Exercise and dieting will help you lose weight. More probably your weight at the moment may be what your body intends. In several years if you eat and exercise properly you will grow out of what now seems excess weight.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 04:20 pm
Acquiunk wrote:
Kaycee, Gus was trying to be funny but his advice is dangerous. Exercise and dieting will help you lose weight. More probably your weight at the moment may be what your body intends. In several years if you eat and exercise properly you will grow out of what now seems excess weight.

Which advice? The meth or the cutting off of the arm?
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 04:45 pm
meth, cutting off the arm is obviously a joke, recommending drug use to adolescents will not necessarily be taken as humor.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 04:52 pm
i figure gus was more serious about cutting off the arm myself
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 05:45 pm
Why do you feel you need to loose the weight in 29 days?

What's happening on the 30th day?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 07:29 pm
Re: how do i lose weight fast!!??
KayceeMargaret23 wrote:
okay i'm thirteen and i weight 98lbs. i know you probably don't think thats a lot but i'm very short i'm only 4'6" so it makes me look huuuuge now i need to know how to lose about 5-10 pounds in less than a month without crash dieting? Confused

Hello, KayceeMargaret, welcome to A2K.

I plotted your stats into a BMI calculator and growth chart for girls between the ages of 2 and 20. Your height and weight calculate a BMI of 23.7 which is in the 89% percentile for 13 year old girls. Healthy weight for girls is generally considered anywhere between the 5th and 85th percentile. To be at or below the 85% for girls of your age you would need to weigh 93 lbs or less. Your target of 5 to 10 lbs overall would certainly put you in the healthy range but 5 lbs in 29 days is much more reasonable than 10.

What types of activities do you enjoy or what types of exercise do you get? What about eating habits? Do you eat a lot of sugary treats or fatty snacks? Cutting out between meal junk and replacing it with fruits, yogurt, or a small handful of nuts could easily shave 5 pounds off in 29 days. Add a bit of exercise and you shouldn't have any problem at all. Try keeping a food journal. Write down everything you eat for the next week - be honest - no one will be reading it but you. Sometimes the very idea of having to write it down will keep you out of the cookie jar. DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF!!! You need to eat foods that are good for you and provide sufficient satisfaction and nutrition to bring you to a healthy weight. Try eating smaller portions, maybe using luncheon-sized plate instead of a dinner plate. Try eating 5 or 6 smaller meals every few hours instead of skipping meals or snacks and then overeating later.

You're smart in wanting to avoid crash dieting. You're also smart in wanting to get into a healthy weight range for your age. I don't advocate losing weight for a specific event, but I do encourage you to eat well and maintain a healthy weight for the long haul.

I'm attaching a link to the BMI chart for girls. There's a calculator here for calculating your BMI from your height and weight. I used 13.0 years and 98.0 lbs. Keep in mind that there really are no magic numbers. BMI is used by doctors to track growth and percentiles in children, but they use them as guidelines, not absolutes.

You are welcome to come here a post your progress, we'll help answer any questions you have along the way. Gus promises to behave - don't you, gus?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 07:32 pm
Here's the link for BMI charts for girls ages 2 to 20

http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/growthcharts2/l/blgirlsbmi.htm
0 Replies

KayceeMargaret23

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 03:48 pm
thank you for your help and i've been trying but it seems i've gained another 2 pounds instead of losing pounds.....whats going on?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 04:14 pm
Did you use the same scales?

Were you wearing the same clothes?

Did you pig-out on Memorial Day weekend?
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 05:09 pm
Getting more exercise can also make you gain weight instead of losing, because muscle mass is heavier than fat. If you started working out a lot, do keep in mind that a small gain in weight isn't necessarily something bad; you can add weight in muscle and still be in better shape than you were at a lower weight.
0 Replies