HELP!!! Suddenly I can't access my files.

merstar

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 06:21 pm
Everything is saved to Wordpad, and I keep getting the following error message:
"This file doesn't have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options Control Panel.
What does this mean and how do I fix this? Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 907 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 06:48 pm
The easiest way would be to right click on the file and select open with then select Word Pad...be sure always open with this program is checked. This should open the file in wordpad and in the future the file should open by double clicking with the left button.
0 Replies

merstar

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 07:22 pm
Thanks, I tried that, but Wordpad is not listed as an option
I just see Microsoft Works, IE, Notepad, etc. But stupidly, there's no Wordpad listed!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 07:29 pm
Below the programs it should have choose program. Just click on that and find wordpad. It should be someplace like the following... C:\Program Files\Windows\Accessories\Wordpad.exe.

You could do a search on wordpad.exe first to find out where it is residing.
0 Replies

merstar

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 08:21 pm
OMG - You're a genius! It worked!!! Thank you soooooooooo
much, Intrepid. I am speechless - I just don't know how to thank you - Can I send you some homemade deep dark decadent brownies??? (I'm serious).
You have literally saved me from who knows what fate? THANK YOU!!!(And again, I'm serious about the brownies - let me know)!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 08:24 pm
Re: OMG - You're a genius! It worked!!! Thank you sooooooooo
Just when I think "I wonder if this is the mer I know from another forum", I see
merstar wrote:
thank you - Can I send you some homemade deep dark decadent brownies???
I get the evidence.

Glad to see you were able to get the help you needed. Very Happy
0 Replies

merstar

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 08:31 pm
ehbeth, I cannot believe this, but I just mentioned you
to my husband seconds ago, in answer to his question on how I found this site. So good to hear from you. I should have known my brownie reference would reveal my identity to those in the know! Thank you again and again for turning me on to this site! Hope all's well with you!!!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 08:31 pm
Re: OMG - You're a genius! It worked!!! Thank you sooooooooo
merstar wrote:
much, Intrepid. I am speechless - I just don't know how to thank you - Can I send you some homemade deep dark decadent brownies??? (I'm serious).
You have literally saved me from who knows what fate? THANK YOU!!!(And again, I'm serious about the brownies - let me know)!

Mmmm, I love brownies. I do hope the speech comes back real soon. Laughing

I am glad I was able to help. If it wasn't me, it would have been somebody else. Have a great evenng.
0 Replies

merstar

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:17 pm
The speech is slowly returning! If you PM me, we can discuss
the brownie situation and figure out when and how to get them to you. And don't worry, I'm an excellent baker - ask ehbeth. Smile
By the way, do you know if there are any restrictions in sending baked goods from the U.S. to Canada? After all, I could be a terrorist. Rolling Eyes

Uh oh - I just tried to PM you, and got the following message:
"You have not met the PM privilege requirements for sending out PMs. Access to PMs is given to users after a period of good standing during which they have been active members of the community. To contact the site staff submit a ticket at http://support.able2know.com"
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:36 pm
See Announcements: PM Restrictions
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:40 pm
Unless you are a prolific poster, you probably won't get PM privileges for some time. I don't think there is a magic number. Some say about 500 posts.

Probably no brownie restrictions unless they are laced with alchohol or something stronger. Laughing

Don't worry about the brownies, you have thanked me enough. Really. :-)
0 Replies

merstar

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 02:16 am
Okay, but if you change your mind, let me know. The only thing I'd really be concerned about is the shipping time. I've heard many a story about how bad the Canadian post is, and that sometimes it can take literally a month for a package to arrive from the U.S. So, instead of nice, moist, fudgy brownies, you could end up with chocolate rocks! The best way would be for me to send them to someone you know in the U.S., just over the border - that way you could pick them up.

Meanwhile, a million thanks for your help. I wish you all the best.

Meryl
0 Replies