Blind Football.

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 04:44 pm
Something I did not know. I would love to watch such a football game.
It may sound impossible but it's true -- blind people can play football. Ajmal Ahmed, 25, from Liverpool, has been blind since birth but has had a passion for the beautiful game since he was four, and now plays for England.
In blind football, the ball contains bells and makes a sound when it moves, allowing players to locate it. The pitch is 20 meters by 40 meters with boarding down the sides and games are divided into two halves of 25 minutes each. Teams consist of five players -- four blind field players and a seeing goalkeeper -- assisted by a coach who calls instructions from the side.
Blind football has been around since the 1960s in Brazil, where there are 80 blind football teams, and is also established in Argentina. A number of European countries play blind soccer, including England, France, Greece, Spain and Russia. Indeed, it seems odd that the sport hasn't caught on in a country as soccer-crazy as Germany.
http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/0,1518,417803,00.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 706 • Replies: 2
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 05:10 pm
How do you know when you are out of bounds? Also, it seems people would be tripping all over each other.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 05:27 pm
I suggest you read the link.
0 Replies