Fighter plane collision - new Greek-Turkish crisis ?

Ellinas

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 03:48 am
All these events just show how the nationalist Turkish generals (the ones who really rule Turkey's foreign policy) are playing with the pathetic Greek goverment. When Greece had her last (real) leader, Andreas Papandreou, nothing of these things was happening.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 03:55 am
Good guy indeed, Andreas.
0 Replies

Red Phoenix

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 12:37 pm
I would not name the Greek parliament as "pathetic;" stolid and inert would better describe them, especially in their foreign policy with Turkey, Albania, and Macedonia.

And, if I may, quiet a few things were "happening" under the rule of Mr. Papandreou- some more apparent than others.
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 01:33 pm
The Greek parliament is just a joke. All 4 parties who are in. The only thing they care is profit and atomic prosperity. Only the communist party is differend, but is still pathetic in patriotic issues because of the golobalist character of communism. There is no patriotic force in the Greek goverment.
0 Replies

Red Phoenix

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 10:59 am
Ellinas wrote:
The Greek parliament is just a joke. All 4 parties who are in. The only thing they care is profit and atomic prosperity. Only the communist party is differend, but is still pathetic in patriotic issues because of the golobalist character of communism. There is no patriotic force in the Greek goverment.

I say that it is becoming a joke, and certainly the EU community is learning about their character in foreign relations, as well in as domestic issues. They did "cook the books" to receive entrance and foreign aid only for their donors to find that their money was spent in such a rapid pace not seen since the close of WW 2. Personal profit- yes; greed and racial bias- absolutely.

I was at the U.S. base in Athens when they yelled and screamed in protest for us to move out; I will never forget that anger, that deluded nationalism for their own coupled with a complete disregard for the activities of their leaders. Are they aware how much money- real money- their leaders have pocketed for corruptive programs? Was it not the leader of KKE that was found vacationing in the islands with his monstrous yacht?
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 01:36 pm
Red_Phoenix wrote:

I say that it is becoming a joke, and certainly the EU community is learning about their character in foreign relations, as well in as domestic issues. They did "cook the books" to receive entrance and foreign aid only for their donors to find that their money was spent in such a rapid pace not seen since the close of WW 2. Personal profit- yes; greed and racial bias- absolutely.

I was at the U.S. base in Athens when they yelled and screamed in protest for us to move out; I will never forget that anger, that deluded nationalism for their own coupled with a complete disregard for the activities of their leaders. Are they aware how much money- real money- their leaders have pocketed for corruptive programs? Was it not the leader of KKE that was found vacationing in the islands with his monstrous yacht?

You confused a few things. The Anti-Americans of Greece are not nationalists. They are communists or anarchists/extreme left. Every time there is a strike or protests, these are involved and they are burning Athens. It happens last time they did it was 2 days ago. The center of Athens looks like bombed right now. The Greek police knows all the hidouts of the anarchists, at the suburb of Exarhia near the center of Athens, but they have an order, not sure from who, which is telling them not to mess with the anarchists. A relative of mine is a police-man in the North suburbs of Athens and tells me many things which are happening with the anarchists. Anyway, I am going out of the subject..

The Greek nationalists are not anti-Americans as the lefties mean it. The nationalists are against the American goverment and its Zionism. They never destroyed buildings and cars like the anarchists are doing.

As for KKE, even if I don't agree with their Internationalistic ideas, I must admit they have a class. Their members don't cause riots as the members of other left parties are doing. The leader of KKE isn't really rich. I believe you are talking about Alekos Alavanos, the leader of Synaspismos, another left party. He claims he is a progressive communist, he forces his supporters to cause trable, but on the other side he owns 30 buildings all over Greece and has in bank just a bit less money than the Prime Minister of Greece!.

To sum up, I prefer the current "pathetic" goverment, than a lefties (like the ones who were protesting outside your base) goverment. I don't even want to think ofthat, this would be destructive for Greece in all sectors. In the next elections (2008) I am going to vote for LAOS, a populist party, patriotic but not nationalistic. It looks like the Greeks are starting to realise, and feel disgust about our political system. The two big parties of Greece together scored a percentage of 89% in the elections of 2004. Now, according to statistical surveys the ones who are willing to vote them are about 70% and becoming less and less. Except the two big parties, Alavanos' party and KKE are losing power too. Only LAOS is going up.
0 Replies