The best film baddies

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 05:20 am
Cant remember if this has been done before but I was just reading about Clancy Brown who played the hypnotic Kurgen in Highlander, it got me all hot and bothered.

Aside from that, it made me think about other film baddies.

Who is your favourite film bad guy and why?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 850 • Replies: 15
No top replies

detano inipo

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 07:09 am
The most convincing interpretation of evil should go to Donald Sutherland. In the film '1900' he plays Attila, the fascist officer. Bertolucci wanted to show what all fascism looks like and he chose a foreigner instead of an Italian actor.
Sutherland was so convincing that many filmgoers swore never to see another film with him.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 07:11 am
That just reminded me, the father in Texas chainsaw Massacre.
Even tho he was the most normal looking of the freaky bunch he was the most scary.
I never want to see that film again because of him!!
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 07:15 am
As far as convincing evil, it is hard to argue with the choice of Mr. Sutherland.
As for my personal favorite? The one I found the most fun to watch was Jack Nickolson as the Joker in Batman.
http://forums.autoweek.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/31-19617-473176-19267/the%20joker.jpg
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 07:18 am
No contest. It has to be Anthony Hopkins, as Hannibal Lechter, in "The Silence of the Lambs". Hopkins' portrayal of the sophisticated, elegant, although thoroughly evil "Hannibal the Cannibal" has never been topped, before or since.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 07:22 am
Dennis Hopper. He plays a great bad guy, and terrific FREAK.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 08:06 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
No contest. It has to be Anthony Hopkins, as Hannibal Lechter, in "The Silence of the Lambs". Hopkins' portrayal of the sophisticated, elegant, although thoroughly evil "Hannibal the Cannibal" has never been topped, before or since.

I lurve that film, i have it taped of the TV,, on bought video and DVD.Obsessed, moi!

Althou I think Buffalo Bill has to be one of the sexiest baddies ever!!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 06:25 am
I was thinking, does Kurgan mean anything in another language?
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 07:26 am
material girl wrote:
I was thinking, does Kurgan mean anything in another language?

Not sure about other languages (I'm still looking) but I found this - http://www.iras.ucalgary.ca/~volk/sylvia/Kurgans.htm. Are you thinking about the villian from Highlander?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 08:04 am
tin_sword_arthur wrote:
Are you thinking about the villian from Highlander?

Im always thinking about the villian from Highlander!!!Grrrrrrr.
Or similar gorgeous ruffians!!

Read the beginning of the link.Its associated with graves, love it!!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 09:05 pm
Ralph Fiennes in "Shindler's List" -- no actor has ever captured the insidious evil of the Nazi mentality as well.

Alan Rickman as Rasputin in the HBO "Rasputin." Truly bone chilling.

Gary Oldham in a powerhouse performance as "Bram Stoker's Dracula."

Alfred Molina as the frustrated, self-loathing lover of Joe Orton, again played by Gary Oldham in a fine performance, in "Prick Up Your Ears."

Sorry, although a TV mini-series, Roy Cohn in "Angels in America" as played by Al Pacino. I shudder to think.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 02:09 am
OOoooooh, Gary Oldman-I fell in love with him when he played Dracula.

Love Prick Up your ears.'Cheap clothes suit me, its because im from the gutter'.
Alfred Molina was fanatastic but I can understand his anger towards Orton, it seems he nicked many ideas and receieved no recognition.
I hear Gary and Alfred started a kind of a 'gay mans'club during that film where they would meet up and compliment each other on their stunning blouses.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 02:16 am
Got to be Robert Mitchum in Night of the Hunter, menace in preachers garb, persuing two kids for hidden for hidden loot.... chilling

I saw that film when I was a child, the scene where the man fishing looks into the water and sees Shelly Winters, dead still in the car her hair floating around her... gave me nightmares for years.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 02:27 am
smorgs wrote:

I saw that film when I was a child, the scene where the man fishing looks into the water and sees Shelly Winters, dead still in the car her hair floating around her... gave me nightmares for years.

Yuck, seeing Shelley Winters alive is bad enough!!
Sounds like a horrid film.

I can remember seeing a film when I was little, I think it was from late 60's early 70's and I thin Joan collins was in it,something about a nanny(as in, someone that looks after babies)pushing a pram near a lake, then something odd happens and the baby is in the lake.Very vague I know but I can still remember the creeps it gave me.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 07:36 am
Ive decided Im gona watch Highlander at some point this week.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 01:08 am
Richard Widmark in Kiss of Death, as the giggling, psycho Tommy Udo.

what a roll!

Watching him pushing an old woman in a wheelchair down a flight of stairs to her death was just so frightening and nasty, especially for the glee with which he did it.

I don't think he is dead and he must be nearly 100 years old by now, and is one actor I always loved to watch. he was great in those 40s-50s film noir flicks
0 Replies