Anyone else out there get snow today?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,798 • Replies: 109
No top replies

Gen

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 10:43 pm
We had rain earlier today.. and yesterday we had snow.

We're in Reno Nevada.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 11:03 pm
No, but it is not 35f in Farmington, and will freeze before morning, which is a bit unseasonable, but not wildly so, in this part of New Mexico.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 11:07 pm
Montana ~ you're KILLIN me!

Oh my goodness! We had 88% humidity, 94 degrees F and 100 degrees F for a heat index......

And you had snow?

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 11:15 pm
Almost 2 inches this morning, melted off by noon, when all the tourists were in shorts and T-shirts. Really nice fog swirls coming off the pavement all over town!

The top half of the mountains are still beautifully white. 16 more days of skiing, if you don't count hiking up all summer long.

Lots of animal tracks, including bear butt-prints next to the house. Saw my first flying squirrel ever last week. A small white Martin too! Porcupine, weasel, pika, couple beaver, vole, rabbit, coyote, everybody got going in March but with snow-dump in April there's lots of tracks now.

Lake Tahoe, CA.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 11:25 pm
Codeborg ~ have had the pleasure of visiting Lake Tahoe and fell in love with the place......

But, I'm still sweatin down here! Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 11:31 pm
Oh, hey! You and Gen are neighbors, CodeBorg.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 11:32 pm
Wow! I didn't realize that the snow is still going on in other places.

Rae
Oh you poor thing. With my Athsma I would die in that heat and humidity :-(
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 11:33 pm
HELLO ROGER!!!!!

Love ya tons.....mean it!

But, I'm still sweatin!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 11:34 pm
Asthma.....maybe I should take that up..... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Gen

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 11:41 pm
What part of Lake tahoe are you at?

I was married at Sugar Pine point, and our fav camping spot is at Fallen Leaf Lake.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 12:19 am
No, no Rae. You don't want asthma. It sucks to say the least!!!! Stay healthy ;-)
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 12:29 am
Give me one month to be done with the smokes and then I'll let you tell me to stay healthy!
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 12:34 am
We've had snow, wind, rain, hail, sleet - you name it the last few weeks here in southern Oregon. We had a mild winter, so I guess Mother Nature is making up for it.

I lived in Incline Village for about a year in the late 70s. I couldn't believe how quickly the snow piled up! It's a beautiful place, and I don't mind snow - but that was ridiculous! I prefer to visit there in the summer now.
Very Happy
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 01:19 am
I love snow. I especially love to take a walk after a good snowfall and feel and hear the crunching of the snow under my feet.

One caveat here - I've never lived anyplace where you get feet and feet of the stuff - I imagine I'd be singing a different tune if I had. I earned my bachelor's degree in the Denver area where you might get six or seven inches at a time (at most), and it's all gone in a day or two. That's my type of snow.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 03:44 am
No snow in Boston! Thank God.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 05:16 am
I use to love the snow before we moved to Canada, but now I'm not as fond of it as I use to be. Some winters are really tough like the one we just had. It's nice to see it at the beggining of the winter, but when you get piles of it every other day it gets old pretty fast. This winter we had 3 major freezing rain storms and lost our power for three days during one of them, so I'm all snowed out. I know a lot of people got hit pretty hard this past winter.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 08:21 am
Rae wrote:
Give me one month to be done with the smokes and then I'll let you tell me to stay healthy!

RAE:

Stop right now and go cold turkey. You can do it. I know you can.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 09:23 am
Don't wanna, NH. I am mighty nasty going cold turkey. I'll wait for the meds. Rolling Eyes

(thanks for the faith, though!)
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 09:36 am
The craving will never leave you, even if you live to be 100+.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » It snowed here today
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 1.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:07:04