It snowed here today

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 04:17 am
It's been a long, cool and slightly wet Spring here in New York City. Old people are still turning on their space heaters in the evening and there's been a few complaints about how long the coolness has remained. (Here is when I remind them that soon it will be 96 degrees and we will be damply pressed together in the subway and hover in shady spots on the streets, looking for a little relief.) They frown, wanting to finish their present complaint before moving on to their next one.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 05:44 am
I made a snowball today.
Damn but I had to hike two miles to get it.

Lousy arse stinkin boring blue sky, no wind, no rain, no snow or even fog, nothin, just blue, no weather at all I don't know why I even put up with it, mountains are supposed have good decent weather not this bright sunny crap so bland, makes you squint and glossy and my shorts ride up. It's so depressing.

But I made a snowball alright. Yeah. Took one bite and threw the rest at a squirrel. Watched a turkey vulture turning circles down below, catching a thermal rising along the ridge. Half dozen turns and it was even with me. Another two minutes it was high, high as a star in the blue night, half a mile maybe mile straight up, smooth circles with no effort at all.

Then as a tiny dot it straightened it's path and zoom, took the wind East faster than any car I've ever seen. Just zoom, past the mountain, past the freeway, gone past the canyons and ski areas, far beyond the lakes and trees, just gone, out to the desert a ways. I wonder what it sees from so high. I wonder what it finds. Must be some snow over there.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 07:52 pm
Wilso wrote:
Just saying hello. It won't snow here.

Hi there sweetheart (smooch)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 07:56 pm
You guys are a riot, LOL!

It was 95 here today, but it's very cool outside now.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 08:17 pm
Drizzly, drizzly, very drizzly here today. I would complain, except I planted tomatoes outside and they probably like it. I wish to be a tomatoe, too. I would not have to move and go do research for any dissertation. Off to some whining thread...
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 08:21 pm
Your dissertation still isn't done, Dag?

Get to work, young lady!

And turn the computer off! :wink:
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 08:47 pm
i am at work. no computer at home at this time. well, computer yes, but no phoneline yet (I moved yesterday!). so it's even worse. my addiction is keeping me at work until 11pm!!! got to get out of here and get a life!!! sad sad state of affairs.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 11:00 pm
Montana wrote:

Hi there sweetheart (smooch)

Right back at ya babe Cool
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 22 May, 2003 07:00 pm
Montana ~ I know you must be tired by now! Please take a break! We have rain! And lots of it! Thank you!

Wilso! (((((WILSO)))))
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 22 May, 2003 07:04 pm
There's been no sun here for the past week and although our level is always orange, here in the city there is more than the usual tension.

be well.

J
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 22 May, 2003 07:06 pm
SENDING SUNSHINE TO JOE NATION
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 06:56 am
I'm permanently tired these days. Except when I'm with my two pretty study partners. Funny that Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 08:31 am
Thanks Rae, I looked out my window for the sunshine, but it hasn't arrived yet. The UPS man left a package for me downstairs yesterday, maybe that's it.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 11:42 am
Rae wrote:
Montana ~ I know you must be tired by now! Please take a break! We have rain! And lots of it! Thank you!

Wilso! (((((WILSO)))))

Rae
Phew!!! I was hoping you'd get some soon because my face is killing me ;-) I should take a break, but it looks like Joe needs sunshine, so I think I'll take a small breather and start scrunching my face for him.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 11:43 am
Wilso wrote:
I'm permanently tired these days. Except when I'm with my two pretty study partners. Funny that Twisted Evil

Oh, it must be tough Wilso, LOL!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 12:19 pm
Wait! I see a kind of orange glow in the sky....... no it's not the sun, just a passing Fuji film blimp.

Rolling Eyes
Joe
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 09:25 pm
That would be my wish come true, JN!

The skies cleared this afternoon after a lovely day of clouds and rain.

Wall-to-wall sunshine this afternoon.

I love Cocoa Beach!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 10:32 pm
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0XwACA*kcFoEbFUi!xnVuh!KBehMtxkPV3ZiYQ9g6tXa33O0GPucK0XPJf68yF55oBWE*GxfTXcECgJX2W6aOUfYS0W3CYHIGHuMuAF7a2YvpjcRdtccvffyHYwcJqv03cDwdzN!0Pjw/Sunsets-and-Flowers-022.jpg?dc=4675420547737031514

Here yah go JN, this was our beautiful sunset the other night!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 24 May, 2003 03:05 am
Misti, how lovely!

And guess what - the summer feeling is back in Balingen :-)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 24 May, 2003 03:14 am
Ha, in Lippstadt as well - yesterday 22°C! (Well, nearly.)
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 04:38:46