The World's Most Beautiful Woman?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 04:27 pm
Venus The Roman Goddess Of Love,
also known as Aphrodite in Greek Mythology.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 04:29 pm
Since I took that picture of 'Aphrodite' at the Athen's archaeological museum, it can only be expected their emphasis would be "their" goddess. Wink
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 04:37 pm
I know, C.I. Just teasing you.

detano, this has turned out to be a fun thread, buddy.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 05:33 pm
Yes, Letty, and you have been the dominant woman in this thread, lol.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 05:45 pm
UhOh, detano. Should I withdraw quietly, or make a fuss.

Hear me roar?

http://www.sfgate.com/getoutside/1996/nov/photos/growl.jpg
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 05:46 pm
I'm teasing you. I know you are gentle.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 05:54 pm
I know, honey. Everyone on this thread is.

Well, I'll have to find a place for the Where Am I Thread.
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 04:58 am
I would like to know where Miss India got her nosejob done.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 05:42 am
Since we are talking about beauty, here is a little story about being overwhelmed by perfection.
Amsterdam.
In the summer of 1990 I spent three days in Amsterdam. After visiting my aunt in Athens, I decided to get to know this great Dutch Venice of the North.
The city center is made for walking and absorbing endless architectural delicacies.The brickwork on most buildings is full of pleasant surprises. The art galleries offer many works from medieval to contemporary. Thousands of healthy locals use bicycles, simple models that nobody will steal.
To me the Dutch are the most sensible people on earth. Most of them speak English because they decided it would be a good idea. They have created a society that comes close to perfection.
One afternoon I was sitting in a streetcar going to visit a museum. At a stop several people got on. One was a cafe-au-lait creature from the spice islands. She wore shorts and one of those elastic strips over her breasts. She sat down in front of me and I could see the top half of her back.
I was thunderstruck. The symmetry of her wide shoulders and her long neck overwhelmed me.There are certain perfections in this world and I was staring at one of them. She had short hair, blue-black and shiny as silk. Her fine skin had the hue of a suntan that billions of white people dream about. The center of her neck was marked by tiny short hairs that formed a long narrow V, finishing in a point. Her back was flat, her shoulders a perfect curve.
Henry Moore used to have a drawer full of pebbles, bones and pieces of driftwood. He would constantly play with them and let his hands fantasize. This magnifiscent obsession with form brought forth some of the most beautiful sculptures we know.
In Inverness, a tiny village 100 kms south-west of Quebec City, is a sculpture museum. As you enter you are given a pair of thin cotton gloves. The idea is to touch and fully enjoy. In Minneapolis is a museum with a sculpture wing for the blind. Of course seeing persons are welcome.
All this went through my mind while contemplating the beauty in front of me. In my imagination I was listening to the "Bachianas Brasileiras #5", which seemed to be a perfect match to the visual pleasure. All the museums in the world were forgotten while we rode into the suburbs where she finally got off. I disembarked at the next stop and took another tram back into the city.
These 15 minutes were one of the highlights of my European journey, something I will never forget. Strangely enough I do not remember the face of that young woman and it does not matter. When you look down at the sea at Ravello, the surroundings are not important.
It is the enchantment of the overall impression that stays with you forever.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 12:01 pm
detano, I took an imaginary train ride with you, and even I was enchanted! Wink
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 12:18 pm
detano

Here's a former thread with the same title as this.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=57464&highlight=
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 12:23 pm
seaglass wrote:
I would like to know where Miss India got her nosejob done.

Are you talking about Aishwarya Rai, Seaglass? I think she got it done by a renowed cosmetic surgeon in India. Can't recall the name but would try to find it out. Smile
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 01:13 pm
Spidergal, I did not see the date on that article. It is certainly yesterdays news. Sorry.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 01:16 pm
detano inipo wrote:
Spidergal, I did not see the date on that article. It is certainly yesterdays news. Sorry.

No, there was some mention of A. Rai in your first post, that reminded me of that thread....so I brought in the link here.

Anyways, Aish aka Aishwarya Rai, I firmly believe, is one of the most charming ladies on earth. If you haven't known this already, she was crowned Miss world in 1994.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 02:01 pm
What makes Indian women attractive is their dancing. What they can do with their hands is spectacular. I like sitar music as well, after seeing Ravi Shankar on stage.

A raga is 95% improvisation. Dizzy Gillespie once said that they and their sitars are way ahead of our jazz when it comes to improvising.

And after looking into the Kama Sutra I believe that Indian women know more about lovemaking then our sweethearts.
0 Replies