[answered] I AM SICK OF THE FART BUTTON ADVERTISMENT

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 01:16 pm
Cyphercat- Thank you. I have found that toenail fungus ad to be one of the most obnoxious things that I have ever seen. And it is on TV also, to boot. That damn thing gives me the creepy crawlies!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 02:24 pm
Funny, the ones that started annoying me were the pretentious ones. They're always at the top of the page. Like: "If your teenager thinks Nureyev is a kind of yoghurt, perhaps it's time for..." - or whatever it was, the point being that if he didnt know who Nureyev was, it was a sign of scandalously lacking basic culture. Another one was on Man Ray, like, "if your child thinks Man Ray is a kind of fish" - or whatever the text went.

Well, I'm sorry, but I dont think any 18-year old should be particularly ashamed of not knowing Nureyev or Man Ray.

<muttering> Pretentious twits.. twa ts... whichever it is...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 02:28 pm
I've been getting a lot of ads for the United Negro College Fund with a kid that looks like he's got a lit candle in an indentation in his head.

Most disturbing.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 02:49 pm
nimh wrote:
Funny, the ones that started annoying me were the pretentious ones. They're always at the top of the page. Like: "If your teenager thinks Nureyev is a kind of yoghurt, perhaps it's time for..." - or whatever it was, the point being that if he didnt know who Nureyev was, it was a sign of scandalously lacking basic culture. Another one was on Man Ray, like, "if your child thinks Man Ray is a kind of fish" - or whatever the text went.

Well, I'm sorry, but I dont think any 18-year old should be particularly ashamed of not knowing Nureyev or Man Ray.

Those play on the radio too and are equally annoying... the thing about it is at the end it says "everyone should be able to appreciate Man ray's art, Martha Graham's dance, and some composers music"... like if they didn't say what those people actually did do the listeners might not be able to figure it out either. Very pretentious.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 04:03 pm
hingehead wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Where is Moondoggy?

Moondoggy was the first person who was ever nice to me on Abuzz.

What a guy,
Makes you cry,
Unt I did...

Yes, but when he said he didn't love his teddy, we knew he was a no good kid.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 04:04 pm
cyphercat wrote:
Ooh, ooh, can I vote for removal of the awful toenail fungus ad?

I sometimes have to block it with my hand because the sight of the fungus creature lifting up the toenail gives me the heebie-jeebies and I can't keep my eyes from going back to it again and again...Brrrrr!

Toenail fungus ad? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Thank heavens I have never seen that!

How does the goddamned advertising fairy know I fart, but do not have fungus?

That's spooky.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 04:05 pm
ehBeth wrote:
I've been getting a lot of ads for the United Negro College Fund with a kid that looks like he's got a lit candle in an indentation in his head.

Most disturbing.

Yeah, that one bugs me, too. Looks like the poor kid's head has been cut off and a little taper iunserted. Disgusting.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 04:05 pm
nimh wrote:

It's twIts, thanks awfully....
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 04:16 pm
dlowan wrote:
nimh wrote:

Are you quite certain, Deb?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 04:27 pm
If anyone would know her twits from her twats its our bunny I reckon
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 04:56 pm
dlowan wrote:

Actually, tw/ats works too.. we had a thread about that somewhere..
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 04:59 pm
nimh wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Actually, tw/ats works too.. we had a thread about that somewhere..

You'll never be in some motherf*cker's sig line if.....
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 05:00 pm
..some Englishman corrected me said I used it wrong, but then another Englishman came in and said you can use it like that .. cant find it back.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 05:01 pm
dadpad wrote:
If anyone would know her twits from her **** its our bunny I reckon

Yep...no twits near my twat.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 05:03 pm
nimh wrote:
..some Englishman corrected me said I used it wrong, but then another Englishman came in and said you can use it like that .. cant find it back.

Lol!

I'm not correcting your English, silly!

I am suggesting people to whom you wish to become close may object to your using their genitalia as a form of insult...

Or, as we say in my group: "Swear by your own genitals."

I be TEASING you.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 05:21 pm
I wasnt responding to you, bunny, I was finishing my post ...
Woulda just edited, but you got in the way..
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 07:05 am
I'm developing a strong aversion to that fiendish hog that keeps appearing at the top of the page, too. (No idea of what the advertisement's for.)
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 11:48 am
my not with it pc finally displayed the strobing fart button. way cool! if they only added an annoying sound effect to it, like an electronic alarm noise. Razz
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 12:10 pm
I can generally ignore a lot of the ads but I do find the fart and toenail ads particularly disturbing.

I was wasn't in the best of health one day as I sat at the computer, reading posts, when the toenail fungus ad came up. As a non-lover of feet I am a bit squeamish about them anyway and when the nail-bed lifted up, I vomited all over my keyboard. Thanks for that!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 12:50 pm
jesus the way that fart ad blinks in the corner of my eye drives me CRAZY.

I have such a hard time reading someones post when it's there. If it was on the top at least you could scroll down a little.
0 Replies