Europe Champions League Final - 2006

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 03:31 pm
<sob>

The referee was a masturbator of the highest order.

Congratulations to Barcelona.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 01:52 am
I am always in favour of the blue team.
But I guess the game is over by now anyway...
0 Replies

EmilU

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 12:39 pm
They played superbly throughout the season, they worked a lot, they deserved it. What do you know, football can be fair afterall. Congratulations to Barca.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 12:52 am
HENRY TO STAY!!

"Thierry Henry will stay at Arsenal for four years, where he will be paid £130k per week and he wants that Euro Cup"

<quote taken from back page of todays paper>

I thought so! He was so bloody furious with what he called the Barcelona players "diving like women" that I thought it might just influence him to stay.

I can't ever see a player like Henry, who is about as honest and honourable as you can get, ever enjoying themselves with a club that encourages underhand behaviour.

He is a true sportsman and a gentleman, and I am so glad that he is staying. I would also wish that he now takes Eboue to one side and gives him a stern talking to about his shameful dive, and make it clear that this is not the way to do things in the Premiership.

Diving, spitting and fouling while the refs got his back turned should be confined to Continental mainland teams, where it's always been.
Then we only have to put up with it on rare occasions, when we play teams like Barca or Juve.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 06:07 am
Hello all

Sorry I wasn't about to share this thread. I'll see if I can post a picture of what the Stade de France looked like from my seat.

It was a valiant performance by Arsenal with 10 men but quality and the extra man told in draining the ability to defend for so long.

It appears that both sides' first goals should not have happened but realistically there was never likely to be an upset after Lehmann was sent off.

However, I'm DELIGHTED Very Happy that Henry is staying...more of the same at the new Emirates Stadium next season.

KP
0 Replies