A2K Europe Gathering in 2007, Starter Thread

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 01:52 pm
CI, I goofed up when I did the LOCATION POLL. I had added Other as a choice, but it didn't show up and I didn't catch it before someone posted. You might want to add Costa del Sol/Torremolinos to that thread.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 02:01 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Steve, you think the poll should list various European cities?
Not if the overwhelming majority are happy with Barcelona...but there are other European cities you know. How about Dublin?I'm totally relaxed actually.. maybe the wine
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 02:13 pm
Well, now that I've done it, it seems to me I should have started with countries instead of what had at the moment seemed obvious, cities. Oh, well.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 02:30 pm
No harm, no foul.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 02:56 pm
No, you did right, osso. Give them 100 choices and you'll get 100 answers.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 03:01 pm
CJ, I'll be shocked if we get 100 people to show 'real' interest. LOL
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 03:05 pm
Okay cicerone, I got carried away with the zeros Wink
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 07:04 am
I voted for Barcelona. I need some sun and warm weather in the spring! And I guess there are cheap flights from Stuttgart for a short trip to Spain. So I will be watching this thread...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 10:29 am
If it's Barcelona, I may be able to talk my roomie into going; he loves Barcelona, and have said he'd love to return. I'm sure I can slightly twist his arm.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 03:32 am
Keep me in the loop, guys!
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 05:36 am
CI has suggested Totnes, Clary Smile I think it's a good choice. Even though I can never make it next year...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 05:38 am
I'm far too conservative for Totnes
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 05:45 am
I have never been to Dublin or Barcelona...

What about Manchester?

Be warned... I AM coming!

x
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 05:47 am
Well....Devonshire in general can also be good...Dartmoor?...(I heard it was Prince Charles' property)...Darmouth?...oops I only know these places of England Confused
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 05:51 am
Do these replies mean that we should start a new poll thread again? :wink:

(BTW: there have been a couple of responses recently on the Barcelona date threadt as well.)
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 03:14 pm
What on earth is wrong with Oswaldtwistle?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 03:29 pm
You should see who is going and then work out the location of the meeting, I think you called it, on the basis of the least possible damage to the fragile eco system of our dear earth.

Unless of course you don't believe you will cause that sort of damage in which case my suggestion is pointless.

How about The Azores. There's not many sights to see there to distract you from getting to know each other.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 03:52 pm
spendius wrote:
How about The Azores. There's not many sights to see there to distract you from getting to know each other.

How wrong, Spendius! Do you know the place?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 04:03 pm
There were two follow up threads to this one - which was a STARTER thread on how to arrange a meeting.

This was a POLL thread about the meeting location -
Meeting Location POLL - (closed quite a while ago, don't know if people still want to meet there, and when)

This was a POLL thread about the meeting date -
Meeting Date POLL - poll closed quite a while ago, but discussion still going on.

If you read all of all three of them, it's a bit wearying, but you will see people's reasoning make the background for various choices.
It would be nice that if there is a new plan for a meeting, that all this doesn't have to be entirely re-identified - that you don't have reinvent the wheel. There are favored locations, see the poll, or perhaps a new location everyone would be fine with.

The location date thread broke down as we got close to a set date but people stopped answering questions in the thread. I couldn't figure out whether to start a new poll of three specific times (when we were all weary of the poll thing), or just say a date and ask for votes - which would have eliminated a few who were thinking of meeting. CI was the only person on the thread who gave specific dates - he bought tickets. Several people (7?) said they could meet at any date. Others at other times.

I think the last we talked about was whether CI could meet folks in Vienna around the date he's arriving in Slovenia. I don't think there has been response to that but I might have missed it.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 08:03 am
dyslexia wrote:
I'm far too conservative for Totnes

Yeah, right.

Totnes would welcome you all with open arms. If it is not July or August, there will be plenty of accommodation, albeit not 5*.
0 Replies