Rules of the road and cyclists.

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 02:46 am
Do the rules of the road ie traffic lights apply to cyclists when they are using the road????!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,061 • Replies: 10
No top replies

material girl

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 07:34 am
No takers?
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 07:35 am
Short answer: yes. And you are supposed to use hand signals while on your bike, too. Google them if you don't know them. Are you asking for yourself, or is some cyclist tearing around your neighborhood, ignoring the traffic laws?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 07:37 am
The rules apply but are seldom, if ever, enforced.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 07:38 am
Not for me.
Twice in the past week Ive seen cyclists on the road just carry on at a red light!!!
Its so dangerous to them and others.
If they are on the pvement, fine, but if your on the road surely they need to pay attention to the lights of they may get knocked off their bikes!!!
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 07:40 am
If you are feeling particularly saucy, you can report them to the police. If they feel the need, they can ticket the cyclist for failing to signal properly.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 08:01 am
If i knew who they were i probably would, for their own sakes.
But if it continues I have devised a plan were i unwind the window and shout out 'DONT THE RULES APPLY TO YOU!!?'.

This may result in them falling off their bikes and injuring themselves which defeats the point Im trying to make in the first place but hopefully they will learn from it.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 08:04 am
Laughing Well, it would be much more humane to get out your cell phone (if you have one) and describe the bike and clothes the biker is wearing to the police, but, admittedly, much less fun than your idea. Laughing
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 08:04 am
I only see thm when im driving so Id probably get arrested for using a mobile while driving.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 08:15 am
What you could do, is to follow one of these cyclists home, wait down the street, and every time they are about to leave their driveway, fly past them as fast as your car can go. Do this everywhere you can. Stop signs, coming out of parking lots, everywhere. They'll get the idea sooner or later. Aversion training.
This would probably also get you arrested, though. :wink:
You may just be better off pulling over if/when calling the police, but your idea of yelling at them is sooooo much more satisfying than waiting for John Law to show up to bust a bike. Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 08:18 am
I know we can get lots of point for taking out an old woman or an old man in a crosswalk, and even more for children (after all, they can run away). Do we get points for taking out cyclists?
0 Replies