unable to change regional settings

dadpad

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 02:27 am
I have windows XP

My daughter spent a yaer living as an exchange student in Sweden. Naturally when she returned she wanted to communicate with friends left behind using swedish letters. So we changed her regional and language In >contol panel >Date, Time, Language, and regional options> regional options Tab> We chose sweden under standards and formats and Sweden under Location.

It is now time (for variouse reasons) to change these settings back to English (Australian)
Although I change both the settings back to English (australian) and select >apply > OK, as soon as the box closes it reverts to Swedish. I have looke at the advanced options but see nothing that jumps out at me. The Language bar is available on the desktop and i have searche this at length, swedish is not available in the language bar Text service and input language.

Can anyone assit with a reason/remedy for being unable to change the regional settings in control panel
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,062 • Replies: 1
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 03:31 am
Well I must be smarter than the average Polar bear because I have resolved this my self.

by going to >Date, Time, Language, and regional options> Advanced>

select a Language to match the language of the Non-Unicode programs you want to use:

from the drop down box English (Australia)

(It is possible that I may have clicked on one of the "code page conversion tables" options with a green arrow in it)

Then under "default user account settings" check the box for Apply all settings to the current user account and to the default user profile.
Click apply and OK
0 Replies