Who or what is your animal spirit guide?

tin sword arthur

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 11:18 am
squinney wrote:
Shocked

Mine came up "Bear!"

Same here.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 11:22 am
Hmm. According to that test, I'm guided by the spirit of the bear...
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 11:24 am
Laughing

Now I know we're all in trouble!
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 11:25 am
Did BVT show you that test, by any chance? Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 11:26 am
Heh, this is what I got. I'm in the 1% catagory of choices

Giraffe Spirit Calls To You!
Giraffe's Wisdom Includes:
Sees far into the future
Ability to reach things that are unreachable to others
Communication
Intuition
Ability to remain above the fray

Once my husband and I were in some store that sold all that spirit guide stuff (He's part Navajo, or is it Cherokee? and knows all this stuff). Anyway, the girl working there was really snooty, strange for working in that type of place. Like we weren't good enough to be in there.

We were looking at some of the animal fetishes and I saw one unusual one and asked him...What's this one?

Before he could answer, and trying to make me look ignorant, the girl said..."Oh don't you KNOW what that IS? Do you even HAVE any fetishes?"

My husband answered for me....."Only for cranes" (that's our last name)

Well, that cracked me up which made the girl think I was even more ignorant.....ahhhh....good times.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 11:33 am
littlek wrote:
I had a nutty friend in Santa Fe who said she learned how to retrieve animal totems/spirits for people. She offered to find mine. We lay still, she may have drummed. In the end, she sat up and started laughing her head off. Eventually she told me my animal was a turkey vulture. She thought this very funny, but I liked the fit.

When I was at the boundary waters last year, I saw as many as 15 circling above the lodge. At the time I didn't think a bird by that name existed and thought that the locals were making fun of the city boy.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwDpAnUVIRBHzIKwH*6Tg8meJv8W57cN*8g0CfQP9U4K*MFgHZGwjdZC8ayQNXAjRbkP4gqJm8o0iB3HQC*utnGW8zR!0sWtYgsNZG*tr*yQ8PzUnrzwgQ/DSC00929.JPG

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TwDdAkcWHmZHzIKwH*6TgzL*u*kgrI8!EoNnJhnEMQThY5kDTGxNxqygyLSA*aymt*SNlEHtf8JHKi5dsN4t*gaVrInaYWecYdxpahLC3A!IEDgkOIYNgA/DSC00931.JPG
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 11:38 am
Cougar/Mountain Lion/Puma apparently are my spirit guides.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 12:02 pm
All knees shall bend to me in due time.....
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 12:31 pm
Maybe BVT knows something we don't know...lol

Bear Spirit Calls To You ~ Bear is spirit keeper of the West, the place of darkness, maturity and good harvest. Bears are active during the night and day. This symbolizes its connection with solar energy, that of strength and power, and lunar energy, that of intuition. The bear holds the teachings of introspection. When it shows up in your life pay attention to how you think, act and interact.
Bear's Wisdom Includes:
*Introspection
*Healing
*Solitude
*Change
*Communication with Spirit
*Birth and rebirth
*Transformation
*Astral travel
*Creature of dreams, shamans and mystics
*Visionaries
*Defense and revenge
*Wisdom

I BOW to YOU ohhh GREAT ONE!! LOL Shocked
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 12:35 pm
http://images.quizilla.com/A/Aeon65/1089196081_nimalsbear.jpg
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 12:44 pm
I'm another giraffe--rather a peculiar selection for an American Indian Spirit guide.

I'll stick with crow, racoon, coyote.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 05:57 pm
So, I didn't like that quizz - girafe? I'm with noddy - that's just not right.

I went through many quiz sites and found many were this same quiz. Then I found this site. I like it. Mostly because, probably, I am an Eagle.....

12 - 16 POINTS:
Your totem animal is the EAGLE. You may find that these regal birds appear in your dreams. If they haven't yet, look out for them as from now - as they're trying, by example, to teach you a thing or two. You're a brisk, efficient and strong person: you aim to be one of life's high-fliers and don't stand for any nonsense from anyone. You're not into money and are probably creative, mystical and have a genuine interest in other people's lives and cultures. You're a cool, nonjudgmental, broadminded mate - and much in demand because of it! In life, you're destined to travel and to heal.

http://www.myjellybean.com/quizcentral/quizspiritq.html
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 06:06 pm
Eagle.

Ho, hum. I've never known an introspective eagle--unless you could those who remember schedules and meet the garbage trucks.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 07:40 pm
Me and Noddy seem to answer certain questions similarly.....
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 07:44 pm
Littlek--

In another 35-40 years, you'll....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 08:02 pm
Ack!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 07:38 am
Every time I see a turkey vulture, I will say hi LK
We have mountain lions here as well.. so I will give them a hello as well sublime. ( maybe even a subtle wink.. hehe)

Mine, for right now, and most of my adult life has been the Wolf.

Not too long ago , it was the gecko. That was about the time we moved in here. It changes as my situation changes, but the wolf has always been present for me.

I tend to have to defend myself with other people when I say that I have the wolf as a totem animal because alot of people choose it of their own will and desire to be 'cool'.
Frankly, there is nothing cool about having the totem animal of the wolf.
At least not for me.

I take the idea / belief of a totem animal quite seriously.
It is a guide for my person and my strength.
And from the wolf I have had to learn a strict balance between honesty, power , and submissiveness.

The real hard part for me is that I dont believe all those attributes belong together at one time.
I think you need to be powerful, when you need to be powerful, and that behavior has to be 100% when appropriate.

The same for being submissive.
But, being submissive is too easy and I dont see it as a benefit for any woman. According to the wolf, not only is it a benefit, it is a necessity. Confused

True power lies in the mind, spirit and body.
My impression of power has always been subtle muscle flexing.
never vocal..
Never / or hardly ever / physical for a woman. But, according to the wolf, physcial power means life or death..

Spiritual power was acceptable to me, but the idea of balancing spiritual, physical, verbal, and social power was out of my league.

A female wolf has all of that. On a regular basis.

Bounces from one end to another as needed to lead - feed - or give birth to her pack.

The slightest imbalance causes her to lose her place in the pack and could ultimately lead to her being removed from the pack and having to survive on her own.

The pecking order of a wolf pack has to be done immediatly when someone comes along, or is born.
Any changes in that placement causes the entire pack to suffer .

Having a wolf totem?
Cool?
Simple?
bullshit.
Laughing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 07:53 am
I wonder what a slender loris would look like circling in the sky?

I bet it would be breathtakingly beautiful.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 10:19 am
Yeah, with ears like that you can fly easily, gustav. You even put Prince Charles to shame.
---

On a more serious note: shewolf have you read the book "Women who
run with the wolfes?" That's a very good read.
0 Replies