DO YOU THINK PHOLOSOPHY CAN MAKE US WISER?

pangheping

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 01:59 am
As I see it philosophy is about knowing the self, about it's existence and place in the world. The question is wether we are better off experiencing it or studying it.
I think we'll be better off by both experiencing it and studying it.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 12:53 pm
You're probably right. But through study you can only attain knowledge. It is through experience this knowledge will be forged into wisdom.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 01:05 pm
Any individual can seek to improve themselves through study and experience, but there is no direct relationship between such knowledge and how that individual lives their life.

A good philosophy of life is very simple; treat all living things with respect and dignity. Everything else is just thought and ideas that can't improve on living a good life.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 05:11 pm
Dogs - well-adjusted dogs, anyhow - have a pretty functional philosophy; if ya can't eat it, chase it, fight it, play with it, roll in it, sleep on it, bury it, or mate with it, lift yer leg to it and move on.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 05:31 pm
Perfect anti-ID philosophy.

It explains why dogs have to wag their tails and look worshipful in order to be tolerated.

I wish I could get my tom cat to do it. He makes me feel totally useless and nothing more that a tool for his convenience.
0 Replies

rhymer

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 05:37 pm
Nice one Timberlandko,

Humans - undomesticated ones, anyhow- also have a pretty functional philosophy; if ya can't eat it, chase it, play with it, or sleep on it, then mate with it, rape it, steal from it, kill it, bury it, swear at it, spit at it, show it rude signs, take money from it, spam it, con it, go bankrupt, lie to it, sell it rubbish, send it adverts, corrupt it, steal its identity, etc., etc.
0 Replies