Need help on a Fuji-Xerox Docu Printer

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 06:12 am
This is a wild shot but just in case somebody out there know about this thing could help me.

I own a Fuji-Xerox Docu printer model 831 and I have been buying a drum at the rate of 1 every 40 days. I am frustrated because the drum is set for self-destruct after so many revolution. Something inside the drum keeps count of how many times it has turned then shuts itself off. I know that the drum is still usable if there is a way to bypass the chip that counts and makes it stop.

I am mad and upset that the company creates a self-destruct system in the drums. You do not do such things with cars, appliance or any other electronic items that you buy. You should be able to maximize your use of the items you bought until they breakdown. I pay over 200 dollars for each drum and buy my ink cartride at 100 dollars per color.

A technician told me once not to throw those drum because I can still use them. He wasn't able to elaborate and the next time I have it service a new technician came in and I ask him about reusing the drum. He smiled and said yes there is way but he is going to lose his job if he tells me.

I hope there is somebody out there who knows about this thing.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 750 • Replies: 1
No top replies

gbob

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 03:06 am
maybe everyone works for printer companies here
0 Replies