Are blondes more attractive?

Ray

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 11:20 pm
Are blondes more attractive? I actually never thought of this until someone suggest that they are. I think it depends. I mean would Jennifer Love Hewitt be prettier as a blonde? I don't think so...

This all started with an article I read about how blondes are more attractive. In it, it says something about a long time ago there being fewer men than women in Europe and so the men have to choose who to mate with etc, anyways it resulted in there being more blondes because of "survival of the fittest" (I think blonde is a recessive phenotype?). Well that doesn't say much. "Fittest" depends on circumstances that include culture, beliefs, and even coincidences.

What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 20,903 • Replies: 98
No top replies

flushd

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 12:46 am
Did a Nazi write that? Shocked Laughing

I always wondered where folks got that hairballed idea from. I guess, at some point, blondes being 'rarer', they were pursued for that. Maybe still.
Other than that I would think it would be cultural ideas or personal preference.

Here, it's often pushed down our throats that blonde=ideal beauty. I don't get it?

My first serious bf was a perfect display of blonde, blue-eyed, tall and slim glory. His mother truly revelled in the fact that she had born 2 children with blonde hair etc. She thought myself unworthy physically bc I am the opposite. It always struck me as so Nazi-ish. lol.

I don't have a preference for blondes. In fact, that was a freak occurance.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 12:48 am
I prefer brunettes. the blacker, the better.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 02:46 am
I think its associated with light things being considered more friendly.
A person with a halo of blonde light around them is going to look more appealing than someone surrounded by dark hair.

Light colours lift a person, dark drag them down.
I wore dark colours for a long time and was amazed by the difference i felt when I wore lighter of coloured clothes.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 05:32 am
Of course blondes are more attractive, have more fun and are generally just better than brunettes.

Its common knowledge about tones, hues and shades of hair and skin. I mean any law enforcement officer worth his salt knows that the darker the person, the more suspect they immediately are.

I don't even know why we're bothering to discuss it - it's just well known fact, is all...

I think it all ties in to the tried and true, scientific findings of the singular genius who expostulated, "If you're white, you're right, if you're black, get back."
squinney

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 05:39 am
We were visiting Bear's oldest daughter Saturday and she told of the time she was in the drug store with him when she was younger and he actually walked up to a lady and said "You have such beautiful blonde hair. Absolutely gorgeous. But, can I ask why you would dye the roots?"

Laughing

Glad I wasn't with him!

Snood - I thought it was "Once you go black, ya never go back." (says the beautiful brunette)
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 05:45 am
I know a guy that asks the 'why do you dye yourroots black' question.He's never been hit.

As a brunette I have to say that a number of blonde ladies/celebs are dyeing their hair darker nowadays
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 05:46 am
Just thought of a question-

Winona Ryder is a natural blonde.I think she looks stunning with dark hair.

Do you think she'd lose a certain something with blonde hair?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 08:10 am
snood wrote:
Of course blondes are more attractive, have more fun and are generally just better than brunettes.

Its common knowledge about tones, hues and shades of hair and skin. I mean any law enforcement officer worth his salt knows that the darker the person, the more suspect they immediately are.

I don't even know why we're bothering to discuss it - it's just well known fact, is all...

I think it all ties in to the tried and true, scientific findings of the singular genius who expostulated, "If you're white, you're right, if you're black, get back."

Now I'm confused

http://www.celebopedia.com/knowles/images/beyonce_knowles.jpg http://www.mulletmadness.com/images/if-halle-berry.jpg http://tinypic.com/bgyb79.jpg http://www.tvenvy.com/blogimages/tyra_banks_145212g.jpg

OK, so maybe not so much....
http://www.nationalradio.com/rodman.jpg
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 08:29 am
I'm partial to redheads, myself. Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 08:36 am
Oh well then, here.....

http://media-carnell.macrobyte.net/animalrights/images/02_09_2005_dennis_rodman.jpg
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 08:39 am
I think practically all men are partial to redheads. There could be a 90 year old readhead sitting in a bar and the men would gravitate toward her.

I like what flushd said-- about the Nazi leanings.

And Snood, you got a point there.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 08:40 am
snood wrote:

http://www.freebiefix.com/lmao.gif
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 08:41 am
What's the Worm up to these days anyway? Love that guy, worried about him since he retired.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 08:47 am
if the original article is based on some truth and not someones sexual preferrance, I would have a hard time believing it.

Simply because, white skin has very little protectant from the sun.
Constant sun burn would make someone 'appear sick' and their skin flaky.
Not healthy and able to mate / reproduce

Thin straight hair does not release heat from the head as well as curly hair , wich when short, stands out to allow better circulation around the head. A little less chance of heat stroke, means an ability to work abit harder and a bit longer.

Light skin also does not absorb heat from the sun as well, wich would make a white person cold as hell in winter , requiring more clothing and furs to stay warm. Where as the darker skinned person would do a bit better.

but we all know i smoke crack and make things up..
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 08:47 am
Really!! I thought guys didnt like rredheads!!

Ah, maybe there is a diference, gingers are a nono whereas redheads are acceptable.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 08:56 am
Being blond, I can confirm that we are definitely more attractive.

Since puberty, I have had to beat women back with a very large stick, and have become so fed up with it, that three or four years ago I decided to have some silver highlights added, just to tone down my sexual allure.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 08:57 am
material girl wrote:
Really!! I thought guys didnt like rredheads!!

Ah, maybe there is a diference, gingers are a nono whereas redheads are acceptable.

oh honey, ALL men harbor a secret lust for redheads, don't ask me why. Even if they generally prefer other hair colors, it's the fantasy of some slutty world weary stripper that gets 'em I think.

What do mean by ginger as opposed to redhead?

Re the preference for blondes...I'm thinking the prefernce for them came more toward the Industrial Revolution, when being fair was seen as a sign of being of the upper class. They were rarer and more delicate than the earthy brunettes, redheads and workaday blondes working in the factories.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 09:00 am
Who cares about the hair in men. I look for the smile. Besides that, I own stock in Haynes.

http://www.speedtv.com/_assets/library/img/large/39351_michael.jordan.hs3.web.jpg
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 09:02 am
ahhhhh Letty,

that is a beautiful man . :-)
0 Replies