Well it's about time. Thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 986 • Replies: 12
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 06:29 pm
I read an earlier blip about all this involving Cardinal Martini of Milan, who also apparent has some positive opinion re single women being able to be implanted with embryos so the embryos won't die.

Being an exexexexex Catholic once fascinated by theological maneuvering, I can only marvel now, these years later, at the bizarre contortions re the morally permissible.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 07:54 pm
Quote:
The Pope testing condoms

Really!!

On who?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 07:56 pm
I'd say it's about DAMN time eorl.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 08:09 pm
Xingu, I have no idea, but maybe there's a clue to be found here:

ossobuco wrote:
I read an earlier blip about all this involving Cardinal Martini of Milan .

He is apparently a man of considerable Cardinal knowledge.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 08:20 pm
talkin' cardinal sins?

I don't follow cardinal politics now, certainly now that the cardinal I am least enthused about, talk about despond, is pope, but by and large for decades.

But... not sure my name for the Milano cardinal is right, Martini is just the name I remember. But he might be interesting. I think he was in the running for the papacy a bit ago.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2006 07:22 am
I remember when I was young, my friend finding a used condom. I think he tested it out on a latex toy goblin he created.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2006 07:26 am
All of your silly jokes aside (and i'm not objecting to silliness on principle, certainly), this is an important issue. Many of the people of the third world are Catholic, and the very important disease prevention value of condoms goes unused because it has been traditionally viewed as a means of contraception condemned by the Pope. This is a crucial matter in the containment of HIV/AIDS, and several other diseases.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2006 07:27 am
And it was an important issue when the Catholic Bishops lied about the condom's efficacy. It has always been an important issue and I hope the Catholic Church now sees some sense.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2006 07:50 am
Here's a link re Cardinal Martini and the matter of condom use, though it isn't the piece I saw last week.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4929962.stm

Re that other article, which I probably saw through google news, I must have misread that bit about single women and implanted embryos.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2006 07:57 am
The lies of the vatican

I've brought this up before.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2006 08:47 am
Aha, I found the bit about single women, though as with condom use, Cardinal Martini's view are limited to certain conditions re lesser of two evils.
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060421/birth_control_060421/20060421?hub=World

another article here -
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2006/04/26/EDGNSGUCAB1.DTL
0 Replies

nick17

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 02:41 am
ossobuco wrote:
I read an earlier blip about all this involving Cardinal Martini of Milan, who also apparent has some positive opinion re single women being able to be implanted with embryos so the embryos won't die.

Being an exexexexex Catholic once fascinated by theological maneuvering, I can only marvel now, these years later, at the bizarre contortions re the morally permissible.

everyone knows martini doesnt know his face from his... (sorry, no disrespect intended your eminence) he was the liberal contender for the papacy against ratzinger (Benedict XVI).
0 Replies