MSN Explorer

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 04:21 pm
I was wondering if anyone knew how to delete msn explorers history? The second question is if anyone knows how to delete your computers history. My comp a windows XP system thanks for the help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,800 • Replies: 13
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 08:39 pm
EndersGame wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knew how to delete msn explorers history? The second question is if anyone knows how to delete your computers history. My comp a windows XP system thanks for the help.
Just click on the history icon and then right click and select 'delete' for any item you wish to delete.

Alternately go to Tools - Internet Options - General Tab and click on Clear History to get rid of everything.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 09:13 pm
hingehead wrote:
EndersGame wrote:

Just click on the history icon and then right click and select 'delete' for any item you wish to delete.

Alternately go to Tools - Internet Options - General Tab and click on Clear History to get rid of everything.

There is no "History" setting/tab/icon in MSN Explorer nor is there a toolbar to select 'Tools" from.

To delete the history and temp Internet Files in MSN Explorer you have to open Internet Explorer first and then follow the instructions you provided.

Only MS would create a browser for their own Internet service that requires you to open another of their browsers to clean things up. lol
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 12:28 am
I assumed Enders was talking about MS Explorer - what's MSN explorer?
0 Replies

EndersGame

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 01:19 pm
There is an MSN internet Explorer that I got with my modem. I set up an account with MSN and they told me to download it so I did. Now i am not able to delete the history or anything. I am told that it is confusing so that i should have someone walk me through it so that i do not mess up my computer.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 02:59 pm
hingehead wrote:
I assumed Enders was talking about MS Explorer - what's MSN explorer?

MSN Explorer is Microsoft's "enhanced" browser for people that get their Internet access through MSN. It's similar to AOL's browser (a piece of crap! lol)
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 03:01 pm
EndersGame wrote:
There is an MSN internet Explorer that I got with my modem. I set up an account with MSN and they told me to download it so I did. Now i am not able to delete the history or anything. I am told that it is confusing so that i should have someone walk me through it so that i do not mess up my computer.

To clear your history and temporary Internet files launch MSN Explorer, then minimize it and open Internet Explorer. Follow the steps hinge listed above in Internet Explorer and it will clear your MSN Explorer history and cache. Then you can close Internet Explorer and go about your business.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 04:08 pm
Does AOL still use that browser - in the early days of Usenet that browser and AOL 'lamers' used to cop a hiding....
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 04:34 pm
Yeah, I think AOL is up to version 37 of their browser or so... Ok, maybe not 37. But it's up there. They come out with a new version every year or two. The girl uses it and it drives me nuts.
0 Replies

gbob

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 05:17 am
aol is then worst Ever..............wonder why u wanna delete the histroy as well..........hmmmmmmmmm
0 Replies

EndersGame

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 08:39 am
fishin' wrote:
EndersGame wrote:

To clear your history and temporary Internet files launch MSN Explorer, then minimize it and open Internet Explorer. Follow the steps hinge listed above in Internet Explorer and it will clear your MSN Explorer history and cache. Then you can close Internet Explorer and go about your business.

It does not work to do this. I think the way you have to do it is going to the run menu and starting from there.
0 Replies

Cinderella59

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 02:01 am
so how can you delete history etc by going to run please,as im using the MSN browser too,also can you tell me how to do this.thanks
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 09:49 am
Apparently, MSN/Micro$oft, in their infinite wisdom, have seen fit to provide no easy method to clear the MSN browser history. Try this: with no browser open, click "Start">"Settings">"Control Panel">"Internet Options". Then, on the "General" tab, in the 2cd panel, click the "Delete Files" button, select "Delete All", confirm, and "OK", then, still on the "General" tab, click the button, labeled "Clear History", confirm, and "OK". Then click the "Content" tab, click the "Auto Complete" button in the bottom panel, which will open the AutoComplete Settings control panel. Click the "Clear Forms" button, confirm, and "OK". Click "Apply". Finally, and with no browser open, right-click the "Start" button, click "Properties", then "Customize", then "Advanced". Below the dialog box will be a button labled "Clear List", click it, confirm, and "OK".

That oughtta do it. Remember, have no browser open when doing this.
0 Replies

Cinderella59

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 01:32 pm
Thankyou for the answer,i will give it a try.
0 Replies