23

Is time linear?

1  
Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2018 04:48 pm
@Eli Genkin,
This is all beyond my pay grade. https://academic.oup.com/mnras/article/427/1/327/1029386

brianjakub

1  
Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2019 02:09 pm
@Eli Genkin,
I don't think so - I think it is accelerating. This is why we have red-shift effect of far galaxies, and other effects. But I'm not scientist in astrophysics..

That is a logical conclusion that might not explain all the evidence they have for inflation but, it could be happening.

But why is it accelerating?

1  
Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2019 03:19 pm
@brianjakub,
What impact does the acceleration have on planet earth?
brianjakub

1  
Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2019 05:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,

Global warming on earth and every other planet and a red shift in distant stars light. That is assuming the higgs field is not being accelerated at the same rate.

1  
Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2019 05:24 pm
@brianjakub,
Global warming on earth and every other planet and a red shift in distant stars light.

I guess it has nothing to do with the ozone layer.
brianjakub

1  
Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2019 05:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,

It has something to do with that, and CO2 levels and CO2 produced from industry and all other natural effects on climate from sun spots to volcanoes.

What's tough to figure is what is the ideal climate and what has the greatest impact and how much does it matter.

What do you think about those three?

1  
Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2019 05:53 pm
@brianjakub,
I'll make an attempt to answer: the ideal climate is the climate in which humans and other living things can survive. what has the greatest impact Too cold or too hot for living things to survive. Many living things acclimate to their surroundings/environment. how much does it matter.. It's survival of the fittest.
NO-NAME

1  
Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2019 07:52 pm
The concept of time was created around movement and one of the common ways of explaining movement is in a basic linear manner . however it is only a concept and as Allen Watts one time said "it is a social understanding without it we couldn't get anything done the way we want it as a community " but the only thing real is here and now
brianjakub

1  
Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2019 09:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'll make an attempt to answer: the ideal climate is the climate in which humans and other living things can survive.

It would appear from the following link, that for the earth to be able to support the greatest diversity of life a temperature much higher than we are currently experiencing is needed then. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geologic_temperature_record

If I understand the chart we need to add approximately another 10 degrees.

what has the greatest impact Too cold or too hot for living things to survive
Too cold has seemed to cause greater extinctions than too hot.

Should we warm things up maybe?

1  
Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2019 09:52 pm
@NO-NAME,
Contracts seems to work very well. Without them, it would be chaos.