Is time linear?

brianjakub

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 02:09 pm
@Eli Genkin,
Quote:
I don't think so - I think it is accelerating. This is why we have red-shift effect of far galaxies, and other effects. But I'm not scientist in astrophysics..

That is a logical conclusion that might not explain all the evidence they have for inflation but, it could be happening.

But why is it accelerating?
cicerone imposter

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 03:19 pm
@brianjakub,
What impact does the acceleration have on planet earth?
brianjakub

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 05:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
What impact does the acceleration have on planet earth?

Global warming on earth and every other planet and a red shift in distant stars light. That is assuming the higgs field is not being accelerated at the same rate.
cicerone imposter

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 05:24 pm
@brianjakub,
Quote:
Global warming on earth and every other planet and a red shift in distant stars light.

I guess it has nothing to do with the ozone layer.
brianjakub

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 05:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

I guess it has nothing to do with the ozone layer.
It has something to do with that, and CO2 levels and CO2 produced from industry and all other natural effects on climate from sun spots to volcanoes.

What's tough to figure is what is the ideal climate and what has the greatest impact and how much does it matter.

What do you think about those three?
cicerone imposter

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 05:53 pm
@brianjakub,
I'll make an attempt to answer: the ideal climate is the climate in which humans and other living things can survive. what has the greatest impact Too cold or too hot for living things to survive. Many living things acclimate to their surroundings/environment. how much does it matter.. It's survival of the fittest.
NO-NAME

Sat 5 Jan, 2019 07:52 pm
The concept of time was created around movement and one of the common ways of explaining movement is in a basic linear manner . however it is only a concept and as Allen Watts one time said "it is a social understanding without it we couldn't get anything done the way we want it as a community " but the only thing real is here and now
brianjakub

Sun 6 Jan, 2019 09:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I'll make an attempt to answer: the ideal climate is the climate in which humans and other living things can survive.

It would appear from the following link, that for the earth to be able to support the greatest diversity of life a temperature much higher than we are currently experiencing is needed then. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geologic_temperature_record

If I understand the chart we need to add approximately another 10 degrees.

Quote:
what has the greatest impact Too cold or too hot for living things to survive
Too cold has seemed to cause greater extinctions than too hot.

Should we warm things up maybe?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 6 Jan, 2019 09:52 pm
@NO-NAME,
Contracts seems to work very well. Without them, it would be chaos.
0 Replies

drsmith7725

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 03:11 am
@neologist,
I recently read a theory suggesting that linear time does not exist, that the notion of linear time is nothing more than our minds way of condensing information. But how would we ever prove this? This theory suggested that everything that has occurred, is occurring, and will occur is in fact happening simultaneously and we see it happening in linear form simply to perceive it. I figured if this was true, it is because at the moment of the Big Bang an infinite amount of energy was released, and using Einstein's Theory of Relativity, an infinite amount of energy would mean an infinite amount of mass, space and time; resulting in time both existing and not existing, which would then mean time could not be linear, but at the same time appearing to be. So my question is; am I understanding this correctly, and how would we ever prove this theory?
brianjakub

Sun 14 Jul, 2019 07:31 am
@drsmith7725,
The universe is made up of information that information is changing in a systematic way as that information is processed. You and recognize the change in information in the universe as our minds process it chronologically. The information is changing and processing chronologically whether you or I or anyone else is watching. The only way to eliminate time is to eliminate change.
mark noble

Sun 14 Jul, 2019 07:45 am
@brianjakub,
What if ALL material is 'Fixed' in its own state/universe - And only consciousness traverses those 'fixed' states.
Rather than physical things 'changing' - consciousness 'dimension-hops'?

So what happens tomorrow is already fixed (In ALL infinite variables) and consciousness just hasn't visited them yet.

For God/Source/Consciousness to Understand Everything - It must Be Everything... Everywhere... Always.
Anything less is not Perfection.

namaste
brianjakub

Sun 14 Jul, 2019 08:22 am
@mark noble,
Quote:
What if ALL material is 'Fixed' in its own state/universe - And only consciousness traverses those 'fixed' states.
Rather than physical things 'changing' - consciousness 'dimension-hops'?

So what happens tomorrow is already fixed (In ALL infinite variables) and consciousness just hasn't visited them yet.

For God/Source/Consciousness to Understand Everything - It must Be Everything... Everywhere... Always.
Anything less is not Perfection.

If that is true Roman Catholicism is an exact description of reality. the universal consciousness (God the Father) jumps the dimensions. He created the dimensions by putting in boundaries to store information in the form of atoms that once established don't change (the eternal Living Word of God stored in nature). And then put our consciousness into boundaries embedded in this universe of boundaries we understand as atoms. He told us not to dimension - hop or we will screw up the perfection and it will start dying, (don't eat from the tree at the center of the garden- Genesis Bible) then God entered the boundaries himself by putting His body into atoms in the form of Jesus Christ so He could hop-dimensions by dying on the cross and put it back to eternal perfection. And then put that perfection in our bodies through the Eucharistic.

Any questions?
namaste
mark noble

Sun 14 Jul, 2019 09:02 am
@brianjakub,
All roads lead to and from 'Source', both in and of the same - RC is one road among All roads - For some (Who can filter through its thorny and dark nature) it is their path, for others it is not.

Jesus 'tuned-in' to Source by exorcising his EGO in the Wilderness (His OWN mind). Though the "Narrative/s" surrounding him are multi-perspectively prescribed - They bear NO alliance to that which he spoke/spake.

Do NOT subscribe to the narrative - Listen to his 'words'.

And there are NO "Mediators" between God and living souls (That includes your pope).

namaste
brianjakub

Sun 14 Jul, 2019 11:51 am
@mark noble,
Quote:
All roads lead to and from 'Source', both in and of the same - RC is one road among All roads - For some (Who can filter through its thorny and dark nature) it is their path, for others it is not.

Jesus 'tuned-in' to Source by exorcising his EGO in the Wilderness (His OWN mind). Though the "Narrative/s" surrounding him are multi-perspectively prescribed - They bear NO alliance to that which he spoke/spake.

Jesus claimed to be one with the source. He claimed to be the physical representation of the source first as the Word of God and then as the Human Son of God so we could relate to him and become one with him as his bride in the Eucharist.

Quote:
Do NOT subscribe to the narrative - Listen to his 'words'.

And there are NO "Mediators" between God and living souls (That includes your pope).

Jesus isn't the mediator, He is God. He claimed to be the Alpha and the Omega.

Your mind communicates with my mind through our bodies. My body is one with my mind as on entity with two natures, just like Jesus is one with God and they are one God with two natures.

Do you believe in dualism?
mark noble

Sun 14 Jul, 2019 02:27 pm
@brianjakub,
Jesus WAS one with source - So can anyone be.
The pope isn't jesus or one with source.
Everything is the 'Son' of god at source - and the daughter, mother, brother, sister, etc at source - Everything is God at 'source'.

Yes, jesus is god (When at source) (EGO-Undirected) - But so is Everything else.

jesus, muhammad, buddha, all connected to source and taught of their own understanding of Gods' nature - And each of them are valuable guides to the 'whole'.

There are many other guides - and many other paths to 'source'.

Each bring greater meaning and understanding to the table.

namaste
cicerone imposter

Sun 14 Jul, 2019 03:07 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
Each bring greater meaning and understanding to the table.
This one gave me a good laugh. Gods are all creations of men. That's the reason, different countries and cultures created their very own. The christian god closely resembles Greek and Egyptian mythology. And to think the christian god was created only 2,000 years ago, while Homo sapiens been around for over 200,000 years. Kinda late for a god to appear. There is also evidence, that homo sapiens evolved from the primate family of animals. Time, for all intent and purposes, is linear for the majority of humans and animals who lives on this planet. Yesterday is the past, and tomorrow is the future. Humans count our time on this planet with each setting of the sun where we live. The international date line has many people confused about yesterday, today, and tomorrow. When in Greenwich, one can be in two time zones at the same moment. Greenwich is an interesting place to visit. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwich_Mean_Time Also, The International Date Line (IDL) on the map. Our interactive Time Zone Map shows the International Date Line (IDL). The International Date Line is located halfway around the world from the prime meridian (0° longitude) or about 180° east (or west) of Greenwich, London, UK, the reference point of time zones.
International Date Line (IDL) - Time and Date
https://www.timeanddate.com/time/dateline.html. Evolution of Homo sapiens. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_human_evolution
0 Replies

brianjakub

Sun 14 Jul, 2019 06:28 pm
@mark noble,
Jesus claimed he was God. He claimed He alone was. Was he crazy?
mark noble

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 09:00 am
@brianjakub,
What verse, in what chapter, confirms Immanuels' declaration of 'being' god 'alone', please, Brian?
NKJ, please.

Everything is God - Thus, So is Immanuel/Jesus/Isa.

All Acts are 'By' Him, 'For' Him and 'through/of' Him. NT

It's a bit like this: God knows that omniscience requires omnipresence, but cannot understand subjectively and collectively at once.
So the 'ego-construct' is necessary to allow the 'seperation' (consc) process to self-facilitate.

The 'ego' was made 'perfectly' - To 'perfectly' perform, as it does - Until it becomes diminished enough to connect with God/Source.

Jesus' EGO was as diminished as it gets - "Atonement" "At-One-ment" "At-One-with" Source/God.

namaste

cicerone imposter

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 09:36 am
@mark noble,
If everything is god, he/she is the cruelest of all. He’s Not only a jealous god, but kills humans by the thousands by his “natural disasters.”