Is time linear?

fresco

Tue 24 Oct, 2017 12:35 pm
@cameronleon,
Oh dear ! Remind me to send my degree certificate back. !
Where's yours from by the way ?
cameronleon

Tue 24 Oct, 2017 10:00 pm
@fresco,
Quote:
Oh dear ! Remind me to send my degree certificate back. !

Hmm... your degree certificate back... I guess your janitorial certificate won't be affected if you recognize that time dilatation never existed at all... don't worry about it...
fresco

Wed 25 Oct, 2017 01:09 am
@cameronleon,
Thankyou. I'll take that as an admission you have no scientific qualifications whatsoever.
cicerone imposter

Wed 25 Oct, 2017 10:04 am
@cameronleon,
You lost me when you said time can’t be proved. How old are you?
cameronleon

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 09:28 am
@cicerone imposter,
Cicerone, you are not 80 years old, you are 80 rounds around the Sun.

Man! you have traveled millions of miles throughout all your life!

Here is your bonus miles card for you to travel millions of miles more. Congratulations!

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/img/lft/LFT_card_rCMY_Lufthansa_WE.png
cameronleon

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 09:32 am
@fresco,
Quote:
Thankyou. I'll take that as an admission you have no scientific qualifications whatsoever.

You'll never know. In forums you have the right to keep your personal information to yourself.

But you know who is whom by the opinions given, and you can discriminate who is talking in base of knowledge and research and who just copy what he can find online.

fresco

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 12:00 pm
@cameronleon,
Quite right. Your own lack of qualifications is obvious from every post you write.
So how come you have the cheek to come on a science thread ?
BillW

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 01:04 pm
I am new here, so if I am repeating what has occurred previously, please excuse me.

Time is relative, by definition, that means it can't be linear. The major variance factors are speed one is moving through space and gravity. If we graft it, these grafts are dependent on each independent person. We, being earthlings, live in an environment where we get very minor time differences in our dependent factors to affect our individual grafts. So, 50 years old for each of us is almost equal. The people with the most variability are astronauts. Gennady Padalka and Scott Kelly most assuredly have the most time variability of anyone known ever to have lived on earth.
cicerone imposter

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 01:07 pm
@cameronleon,
I’m too lazy about keeping track of benefits and how they can be used on credit cards. I use American Express 99% of the time. Some places din’t accept Amex, because they have a high discount rate.
cameronleon

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 06:42 pm
@fresco,
Quote:
Quite right. Your own lack of qualifications is obvious from every post you write.
So how come you have the cheek to come on a science thread ?

To teach science for the ignorant... like you.
0 Replies

cameronleon

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 06:53 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
I am new here, so if I am repeating what has occurred previously, please excuse me.

Time is relative, by definition, that means it can't be linear. The major variance factors are speed one is moving through space and gravity. If we graft it, these grafts are dependent on each independent person. We, being earthlings, live in an environment where we get very minor time differences in our dependent factors to affect our individual grafts. So, 50 years old for each of us is almost equal. The people with the most variability are astronauts. Gennady Padalka and Scott Kelly most assuredly have the most time variability of anyone known ever to have lived on earth.

When astronauts return back to earth after being 6 months in the space station, they come with lots of health failures or bad conditions.

Their low level of red cell production in blood is notorious. A 40 years old astronaut returns with osteoporosis of a 70 years old senior dude, their minds suffer of disorientation, and recently in the space station a special sensor showed that besides of acquiring distorted bodies, the heart of the astronauts turn to a spherical shape.

After their return, some of them must stay in recovery for up to two years.

At the end of the day, 30/40 years middle age astronauts who stayed in outer space for 6 months returned with the body/health of a 70 plus years old person.

But, the idiotic relativist affirms that -according to the theory of relativity- these astronauts have returned back to earth a millionth of a second younger...

The measure of time is not linear or circular, it is just a measure.
0 Replies

cameronleon

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 07:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I have no problem with credit cards because I never use them...

In the past I try to avoid having American Express and used Visa and MasterCard only. But later when thinking twice, I had no problem accepting American Express invitation to have their card because I always have paid in full the owed amount right after receiving the bill.

I mostly pay new cars in eight months*, the house was paid in less than 13 years, and so forth. When you are free of debt you really know what is to be free.

(*It's OK to have small debts from timer to time in order to "build a better credit history")

My wish was true anyway, for you to keep traveling around the Sun many more times around. So, next birthday will be ♫"Happy new turn around the Sun to you... happy new turn around the Sun to you..."♫

cicerone imposter

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 09:03 pm
@cameronleon,
Quote:
(*It's OK to have small debts from timer to time in order to "build a better credit history")

Unfortunately, the credit institutions give you a bad credit rating when you don't have a history of charging (and paying interest). My Amex card payment is on auto pay in full. We don't have house of car payments, and pay everything in cash (credit card paid in full every month).

The irony is that our net assets is in the top 2 to 5% in this country, but our credit rating is average. Go figure.

One more thing. It would be funny if any company refuses us credit because of our credit score.
cameronleon

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 03:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
One more thing. It would be funny if any company refuses us credit because of our credit score.

I guess that your philosophy about "paying debt" is a kind of similar to mine, pay it in full and sleep like a lion after a full meal.

After the house is paid in full, you can buy almost anything and credit history is not much an issue: your house becomes the "co-signer"... lol
MKABRSTI

Fri 29 Jun, 2018 03:51 pm
@neologist,
Depends who you ask.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 29 Jun, 2018 08:18 pm
@cameronleon,
We don't need our home as collateral. I paid off the mortgage when I retired in 1998. No new cars (both are from 2006; Acura and Honda), no new appliances, and no new furniture. I guess we're set for the duration.
0 Replies

Eli Genkin

Sat 22 Dec, 2018 07:17 am
@neologist,
I don't think so - I think it is accelerating. This is why we have red-shift effect of far galaxies, and other effects. But I'm not scientist in astrophysics...
cicerone imposter

Sat 22 Dec, 2018 11:50 am
@Eli Genkin,
https://sciencing.com/earth-rotate-slower-faster-top-17525.html
Eli Genkin

Sat 22 Dec, 2018 04:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Obvious, but how is it connected to time non-linearity or red shift?
cicerone imposter

Sat 22 Dec, 2018 04:48 pm
@Eli Genkin,
This is all beyond my pay grade. https://academic.oup.com/mnras/article/427/1/327/1029386
0 Replies