S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z

did you known that 80% of Stanford students could not find the error in the alphabet above. if you can find the error, then Stanford has nothing on you. enjoy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 120,017 • Replies: 30
No top replies

laforr77

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 10:21 pm
Do you know the answer to this... I've seen it before and I thought it was just a prank to rack your brain as I see nothing wrong with this alphabet...
0 Replies

whimsical

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 02:42 am
It is strange that the 20% that did saw an error were in stanford. Since there is no error.
0 Replies

thesweetheart06

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 07:23 am
there is an error...there isnt one in the alphabet itself though...it says "did you KNOWN" instead of "did you KNOW"
0 Replies

whimsical

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 11:46 am
I seen that and the three forgotten capitals too, but the sentence states there's an error in the ABOVE alphabet.

There is none.

Whim
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 12:07 pm
I would suggest the 'error' is the fact that the letters are written from top to bottom, instead of left to right.
This after all is not the Chinese forum.
0 Replies

Aitenshi

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 11:20 am
I was thinking that "the error" doesn't mean a mistake, but the letters found in "the error" can be found in the alphabet because it does say "find the error" twice.
0 Replies

cheergrl1313

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 10:50 am
You simply just wrote this riddle wrong. At the beginning before u list the alphabet, you are suppose to write, "did you know..." the answer is the mistake is that d isnt capitolized.
0 Replies

noduhhxx

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 12:55 pm
duh
It says "did you known" istead of "did you know". it's obvious xP
0 Replies

laforr77

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 02:56 pm
cheergrl1313 wrote:
You simply just wrote this riddle wrong. At the beginning before u list the alphabet, you are suppose to write, "did you know..." the answer is the mistake is that d isnt capitolized.

That would make more sense... 'cuz if the question came before, the alphabet would be "below," not "above."
0 Replies

Danthrax

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 01:50 pm
The "O" is in fact, a Zero (0), in the original posting of it.
0 Replies

Franzeee

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 11:47 am
As mentioned - there is an error
It is nearly impossible to discern the error when using a sans serif font (ie Ariel). But it is more easily seen when using a Serif font (ie Times).The "O" is actually a zero "0"
0 Replies

nqluu

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:08 pm
Nope, I don't think that there's a mistake with O or 0 (zero) here. Yet I could not find the error Sad
0 Replies

sGtEaNcIeUyS

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 11:33 am
the error
Has anyone taken into consideration that you are being shown the English alphabet. Think about Grammar school. Whenever the Alphabet was presented to you it was presented in it's proper form.

the answer to the riddle is:

a
b
c
d
e
f
g
h
i
j
k
l
m
n
o
p
q
r
s
t
u
v
w
x
y
z

The alphabet is not all CAPS.

the word "known" is a typo.
0 Replies

sGtEaNcIeUyS

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 11:35 am
the error
oh the alphabet should be shown like this

Aa
Bb
Cc
Dd

ect.
0 Replies

jaredj1992

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 06:40 pm
dude
listen guys.... i'm 14 and i found it... the answer is simple... its in the title itself.... look at it... it says the words... "the error" at the top when it says find "the error"... its impossible... the error is right there... it doesn't say its in the alphabet... at the end of the puzzle it says "THE ERROR ABOVE"... its it doesn't say in the alphabet... at the very top where it says find the error.. the words the error is the error... get it???
amymay717

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 06:38 pm
the real answer
These answers are all wrong because the riddle was not written correctly. Here is the correct version:

Find the error. Its impossible!

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z

Did you know that 80% of UCSD students could not find the error above?

The error is that the word "its" in "Its impossible!" is supposed to have an apostrophe and it does not. It does not say that the error is in the alphabet!
0 Replies

evierivera

Reply Wed 7 Feb, 2007 12:39 pm
When it's right, it's right. Don't go nuts, umight be duped!
All of these explanations are great, but many people like me never acquired the riddle in its original form so these solutions are useless! Mine was actually impossible to correct since there was nothing wrong. No missing apostrophes, no lacking capitals, no before's or after's, nada!
0 Replies

grab01d

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 02:48 pm
Re: dude
jaredj1992 wrote:
listen guys.... i'm 14 and i found it... the answer is simple... its in the title itself.... look at it... it says the words... "the error" at the top when it says find "the error"... its impossible... the error is right there... it doesn't say its in the alphabet... at the end of the puzzle it says "THE ERROR ABOVE"... its it doesn't say in the alphabet... at the very top where it says find the error.. the words the error is the error... get it???

I like your answer, it could also be that this riddle was never even asked to all of the UCSD students, so how could 80% be wrong?
0 Replies

maiamounsher

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 01:48 pm
the "error"
hey, i saw this on my mates myspace and my guess is that there is no error. it says its impossible.... that's a pretty big clue if you ask me!
0 Replies