The "Christian" Crocodiles

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 04:13 pm
It's not Mindonfire, your joking, right. Feetonfire is more like it.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 04:24 pm
Setanta wrote:
neologist wrote:
Psssst! Set.
We've been reading this.

Does that mean we're slipping?

Well, my eyes glazed over with about the third repetition of "De-Nile," so i'd say if you got past that and read all of that drek, you're a masochist, and deserve any affront you may suffer at the hands of this member . . .

Aaah yes... such a glutton for punishment I am... LOL Actually, hmmm... I think it's somewhat interesting in a weird sort of way. Watching biblethumpers running around thumping others with their bibles... yelling, "Do as I say! Not as I do!" Ahh yes it can be aggrivating at times... But it is someone to disagree with. Makes life interesting...
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 04:28 pm
neologist wrote:
Mindonfire, if you are still reading these replies, do you understand that you are being sniped by believers and atheists alike?

We are not your congregation and do not come to this board to be entertained with clever sermons. Rather, we post our arguments hoping to more clearly understand each other. I hope also to sharpen my rhetorical skills; and if that is all I accomplish, my time on this board is well spent.

If, in the process I touch someone's heart, I would be elated.

So, cut the baloney and tell us what you think.

I think I've been thrown in with the pool of athiests... hmmm... LOL I've been classified... heeellp!
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 04:30 pm
J_B wrote:
I actually read it as a warning about the fundies. Who else has integrated themselves into the Christian mainstream, become powerful, and been elected to high places of authority?

I kind of liked the story. I don't for a second accept that this person or any other person has a market on Truth, but the story serves fair warning to keep an ever watchful eye on those who claim to be Christian and want to wage war against anyone who believes something other than their view of 'truth'.

Niiice JB... very nice... puts a whole new spin on things looking at it that way! Hehehe...
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 03:52 pm
I think this whole thing is sad. I wasn't offended by what Mindonfire wrote. I guess I'm getting used to that kind of thing, Christians being called crocodiles, biblethumpers, etc. My skin is getting rather thick.

Do they have a term for fundamentalist atheists? Laughing There are good and bad of anything. The world is a melting pot after all.:wink:
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 03:02 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
I think this whole thing is sad. I wasn't offended by what Mindonfire wrote. I guess I'm getting used to that kind of thing, Christians being called crocodiles, biblethumpers, etc. My skin is getting rather thick.

Do they have a term for fundamentalist atheists? Laughing There are good and bad of anything. The world is a melting pot after all.:wink:

Who called Christians crocodiles? You must be reading a different post.

Dan.12
[10] Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 04:11 pm
Mindonfire,

I must be confused. Isn't the title of this thread "Christian" crocodiles? Also, I said I wasn't offended by the post.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 07:28 pm
God to see you are still reading, Mindy.

MA. I think Mindy was referring to crocs who pose as christians.

My criticism of your rhetorical style and conslusion stands, Mindy.
0 Replies