The "Christian" Crocodiles

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 04:33 pm
The "Christian" Crocodiles

Gather around children for one moment and I will tell you the story of the crocodiles and the inhabitants who lived in De-Nile.

A long long time ago there was a group of crocodiles who lived in the faraway land of De-Nile. I want you all first to know that this De-Nile was a very alluring place. De-Nile was such an alluring place that those who didn't live in De-Nile would spend most of their days and nights dreaming about living in De-Nile. De-Nile was very different from all the other places in the world. For one, there was a most diverse group of inhabitants who lived in De-Nile. Many people from all around the sphere would risk their lives, so that they could live in De-Nile. Now these crocodiles who lived in De-Nile were the most powerful and intimidating beasts in the sphere. They were known far and wide for their tenacious tenacity, ferocious ferocity, pugnacious pugnacity, and audacious audacity. The crocodiles became so feared that eventually all of the inhabitants of De-Nile began to avoid them. And because of this avoidance, hunting and capturing prey became almost impossible for them. So one day they convened a meeting to discuss their bad fortunes. At the meeting the head crocodile stood u p and said; "We have to devise a way to draw the inhabitants of De-Nile back to our areas. We are becoming increasingly isolated and our power is waning. Soon we all will die from lack of prey." As the crocodiles began to discuss their decreasing fortunes, one old wily crocodile stood up and said; "The solution to our problem is very simple. We must improve our image. We must rid ourselves of our ferocious ferocity, our audacious audacity, our pugnacious pugnacity, and our tenacious tenacity." Another crocodile stood up and said; "But how can we rid ourselves of our ferocious ferocity, our audacious, audacity, our pugnacious pugnacity, and our tenacious tenacity. It is our nature to be ferocious, audacious, pugnacious, and tenacious. We cannot rid ourselves of our natures." The old wily crocodile replied; "Of course we will not rid ourselves of our natures. That is not what I am advocating, but we can appear to be rid of them". Another crocodile stood up and said, "We do not understand old wily one. Please make yourself clear." The old crocodile began to explain his plan; "In order for us to draw those who live in De-Nile back into our areas, we must appear to be the opposite of who we are. We must appear harmless. We must appear to be beneficently benevolent, sympathetically sympathetic, sincerely sincere, and simplistically simple. We must appear to become like the inhabitants who live in De-Nile." Another crocodile stood up and said, "But there are so many different inhabitants who live in De-Nile. There are Muslims, Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Wiccans, atheists, animists, and voodooists who live in De-Nile. How can we possibly appear to become like all of them." The old wily crocodile responded; "Oh you of little brain. We do not have to appear to become like all of the inhabitants in De-Nile. We only need to appear to become like one of them. When we have succeeded in appearing to become like one of them, then the rest will eventually choose to accept us also. Once they have chosen to accept us and once we have become entrenched in the society, then we will gradually and systematically begin to devour them. Another crocodile stood up and asked; "But which of the inhabitants in De-Nile should we appear to be like?" The old wily crocodile replied; "That is quite simple. We shall appear to be like the Christians in De-Nile. You see most of the inhabitants who are in De-Nile considers themselves to be Christian. All we would have to do is appeal to these inhabitants. Trust me if you all will only be patient and implement my plan, we shall have plenty of prey to devour." All the crocodiles agreed and they did as the old wily crocodile had instructed. The crocodiles started to attend Bible studies, and various other church gatherings with the Christians in De-Nile. They began to study and read the Bible. They studied and learned the Christian lingo and mannerisms. They networked tirelessly within the communities. After a period of time the wily old crocodile's plan began to bear fruit. The Christians and even the Muslims, and Jews and some of the other inhabitants in De-Nile began to accept the crocodiles. The crocodiles were no longer seen as crocodiles. They were now seen as Christians. The plan worked so well that the inhabitants in De-Nile even elevated the crocodiles to positions of high honor and esteem.

There were many individuals who did not live in De-Nile. These came along and tried to warn the inhabitants in De-Nile about the crocodiles. But those in De-Nile would not listen. They were after all living in De-Nile. They had said to themselves; "What could possibly go wrong in our beloved De-Nile." So many of these people just shrugged their shoulders and went about their business in De-Nile.

After the crocodiles had become firmly entrenched , they gradually and systematically began to imprison, and prey upon the inhabitants in De-Nile. They would kill and eventually devour a great many inhabitants in De-Nile. In the end only a few inhabitants managed to escape De-Nile. I know, because I was one of those few.

So my children always remember never to trust a crocodile. For no matter how many tears he sheds, a crocodile cannot change his nature just as a leopard cannot change his spots. Also my children always remember those who live in De-Nile will perish in De-Nile.

THE END

Dan: [9] And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

[10] Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,335 • Replies: 27
No top replies

neologist

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 05:06 pm
Welcome to the forum, Mindonfire. That was a very fine croc you dished up.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 05:29 pm
Uh, Neo . . . you misspelled crock there . . .
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 05:34 pm
Fergot spel chek agin. And I uswally do sowell
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 06:09 pm
neologist wrote:
Welcome to the forum, Mindonfire. That was a very fine croc you dished up.

Thank you I only hope that you understood it
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 10:52 pm
Mindonfire welcome to the forum. Please try not to take what I'm about to say too personally, but I won't keep my mouth shut on this one. I read your story, I understood it quite well and I am extremely offended. This kind of arrogance is something I do not tolerate well. How dare you post something this judgemental and critical, as I am assuming you are bearing the label of a "christian"? Who are you or any other "christian" for that matter to decide who is wicked and who is not? Or who is in denial and who is not? Do you know the life story of every person you talk to? Do you know what has brought them to the place in life they are at?

Who are you to sit on some high seat looking down on others while you claim a God of "love"? You need ask yourself this because I bet if you took a good look in the mirror you would probably see someone who is not too entirely different from the very people you think you are above. I feel bad for you if this is how you really think about "christians" vs "the world". By stating this "story" you have nullified by your own words everything "Jesus" did on the cross, because if you do believe in Him, then you must believe that He didn't just die for you. That He didn't just pay the price for your sins. So then if God would love the world so much that He would give His only begotten Son as the ultimate sacrifice, how is it then justified for those He sacrificed for to sit in judgement of each other?

Granted, I realize you haven't stated a belief either way at this point, but I will tell you this, if you do believe in what I just stated and you think that "God" would be pleased somehow with this kind of treatment of other people. You are sadly mistaken. What you have shared here has the potential to be very hurtful to some people, whether you realize that or not. You don't know who's going to read this. You don't if by posting this you could be reopening some sort of wound in their life. Is that showing the love of God to someone? Is that what you believe would really make someone want to believe in God? I'm not trying to be really hard on you here, and God forbid that I somehow mistook your "story". (wouldn't be the first time) But Mindonfire, if you really do believe in God I would suggest that you take a good hard look in the mirror before you start posting things like this.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 11:19 am
Heph, just to make sure I understand where you are coming from, are you saying that a person should not post something on this board because it might offend someone? That seems to be the gist of your rant.

To repeat what you said, please don't take this too personally but I won't keep my mouth shut on this one either.

If you are gonna read and post to a forum, you gotta have thick skin. You should know this by now since you've been around so long. If you can't take different points of view without getting offended and having a major meltdown, then stop reading and posting. Geesh, get a grip on yourself.

Nowhere in the story is he making any judgement of you. He doesn't know you so it would be silly for him to make a judgement of you. So don't accuse him of doing so. Kick back, relax and take a deep breath and let it go.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 02:05 pm
hephzibah wrote:
Mindonfire welcome to the forum. Please try not to take what I'm about to say too personally, but I won't keep my mouth shut on this one. I read your story, I understood it quite well and I am extremely offended. This kind of arrogance is something I do not tolerate well. How dare you post something this judgemental and critical, as I am assuming you are bearing the label of a "christian"? Who are you or any other "christian" for that matter to decide who is wicked and who is not? Or who is in denial and who is not? Do you know the life story of every person you talk to? Do you know what has brought them to the place in life they are at?

Who are you to sit on some high seat looking down on others while you claim a God of "love"? You need ask yourself this because I bet if you took a good look in the mirror you would probably see someone who is not too entirely different from the very people you think you are above. I feel bad for you if this is how you really think about "christians" vs "the world". By stating this "story" you have nullified by your own words everything "Jesus" did on the cross, because if you do believe in Him, then you must believe that He didn't just die for you. That He didn't just pay the price for your sins. So then if God would love the world so much that He would give His only begotten Son as the ultimate sacrifice, how is it then justified for those He sacrificed for to sit in judgement of each other?

Granted, I realize you haven't stated a belief either way at this point, but I will tell you this, if you do believe in what I just stated and you think that "God" would be pleased somehow with this kind of treatment of other people. You are sadly mistaken. What you have shared here has the potential to be very hurtful to some people, whether you realize that or not. You don't know who's going to read this. You don't if by posting this you could be reopening some sort of wound in their life. Is that showing the love of God to someone? Is that what you believe would really make someone want to believe in God? I'm not trying to be really hard on you here, and God forbid that I somehow mistook your "story". (wouldn't be the first time) But Mindonfire, if you really do believe in God I would suggest that you take a good hard look in the mirror before you start posting things like this.

Good Day
I do not take anything that you say to me personally. I do not get easily offended like many of you. I have bee through the fire so a couple of words do not bother me

You see the beautiful thing about the internet is that you do not know who I am. But if you have any discernment and if you have been studying your Bible you will soon find out.

I have never witnessed a generation with such an aversion to truth. That is the main problem with this generation , You all will run away from the Truth to embrace The Lie, Which by the way a great majority of you have done If someone is offended by truth, are we supposed to stop saying it? If I love you I will tell you the truth regardless of whether you like it or not. I am not here to tickle your ears but to warn

Now I don't think you understood the story or maybe you did and it struck a nerve. If there are crocodile in your midst who are preparing to destroy you, Do I not warn you or do I keep my mouth closed. What kind of love is that? Read the story again

Dan: [9] And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

[10] Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 04:38 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
. . . But if you have any discernment and if you have been studying your Bible you will soon find out. . .
Quite true
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 04:53 pm
This new joker wrote:
You see the beautiful thing about the internet is that you do not know who I am. But . . . you will soon find out.

What is truly beautiful is that we can care not a rat's ass, and there is nothing you can do to force your company, and your absurd notions, on us--which differs materially from a bore in a public place whom courtesy dictates we endure, at least briefly.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 08:06 pm
Psssst! Set.
We've been reading this.

Does that mean we're slipping?
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 09:00 pm
CoastalRat wrote:
Heph, just to make sure I understand where you are coming from, are you saying that a person should not post something on this board because it might offend someone? That seems to be the gist of your rant.

Absolutely not. I don't regret being honest about how this made me feel though. Nor will I. I think it's wrong for the reason's I stated in my post to him/her.

Quote:
To repeat what you said, please don't take this too personally but I won't keep my mouth shut on this one either.

Touche... Alright, I can take a little constructive criticism here.

Quote:
If you are gonna read and post to a forum, you gotta have thick skin. You should know this by now since you've been around so long. If you can't take different points of view without getting offended and having a major meltdown, then stop reading and posting. Geesh, get a grip on yourself.

I agree. Thick skin is important. Major meltdown??? I think not. Sounds to me like what I posted may have offended you just wee bit?

Quote:
Nowhere in the story is he making any judgement of you. He doesn't know you so it would be silly for him to make a judgement of you. So don't accuse him of doing so. Kick back, relax and take a deep breath and let it go.

Nor did I state or even feel he was making a judgement towards me personally. Thank you for being honest though about how you saw what I posted.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 09:03 pm
mindonfire wrote:

You see the beautiful thing about the internet is that you do not know who I am. But if you have any discernment and if you have been studying your Bible you will soon find out.

ROMG RUN FOR THE HILLS IT'S JACK CHICK
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 09:05 pm
One last thing... My issue is that many "christains" walk around pointing the finger at other people without once taking a look at themselves or how they are acting. Yes, that aggrivates me. I'm not sorry it aggrivates me because I personally think it's wrong and I'm not afraid to say that. Was I being a little harsh. Yeah... probably. *shrugs* What can I say? I never said I was perfect.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 09:18 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
hephzibah wrote:

Good Day
I do not take anything that you say to me personally. I do not get easily offended like many of you. I have bee through the fire so a couple of words do not bother me

Good. I am glad that what I said did not offend you. Thank you.

Quote:

Nope you are right I don't know who you are. Nor do you know who I am. For all we know you could be coming here acting all holier than thou, and then out partying with your friends every weekend. *shrugs*

Quote:
I have never witnessed a generation with such an aversion to truth. That is the main problem with this generation , You all will run away from the Truth to embrace The Lie, Which by the way a great majority of you have done If someone is offended by truth, are we supposed to stop saying it? If I love you I will tell you the truth regardless of whether you like it or not. I am not here to tickle your ears but to warn

Once again I ask... how do you know who is embracing the truth or the lie? Who made you the judge of that? Do you think because you know the bible it's ok then to just go banging people on the heads with it? Yeah... that'll get a lot of people to bow down in repentance... So tell me... this has been my burning question for awhile now... who besides the pharisee's (the "religious" people) did Jesus rebuke and speak harshly to?

Quote:
Now I don't think you understood the story or maybe you did and it struck a nerve. If there are crocodile in your midst who are preparing to destroy you, Do I not warn you or do I keep my mouth closed. What kind of love is that? Read the story again

Oh I read it just fine the first time thank you, and you know what? If "christains" actually read the bible for themselves they wouldn't need a bunch of self proclaimed prophets to tell them they were about to be eaten by crocodiles.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 08:04 am
neologist wrote:
Psssst! Set.
We've been reading this.

Does that mean we're slipping?

Well, my eyes glazed over with about the third repetition of "De-Nile," so i'd say if you got past that and read all of that drek, you're a masochist, and deserve any affront you may suffer at the hands of this member . . .
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 08:31 am
I deny that I read any further than did you.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 08:58 am
Mindonfire, if you are still reading these replies, do you understand that you are being sniped by believers and atheists alike?

We are not your congregation and do not come to this board to be entertained with clever sermons. Rather, we post our arguments hoping to more clearly understand each other. I hope also to sharpen my rhetorical skills; and if that is all I accomplish, my time on this board is well spent.

If, in the process I touch someone's heart, I would be elated.

So, cut the baloney and tell us what you think.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 09:27 am
I actually read it as a warning about the fundies. Who else has integrated themselves into the Christian mainstream, become powerful, and been elected to high places of authority?

I kind of liked the story. I don't for a second accept that this person or any other person has a market on Truth, but the story serves fair warning to keep an ever watchful eye on those who claim to be Christian and want to wage war against anyone who believes something other than their view of 'truth'.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 09:32 am
Mindonfire wrote:

Speaking of crocks, this certainly qualifies but I can't wait to hear more.
0 Replies