New York Adirondacks

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 03:55 pm
I am searching for a place in the New York Adirondacks which is (or was) known as ROBINWOOD. I am told it consisted on a hamlet or small village together with a camp where families stayed during the summer. It was accessible by both highway and railroad, and was still around in the early 1950sa. Has anyone heard of this particular Robinwood?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,532 • Replies: 8
No top replies

fishin

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 04:39 pm
According to Mapquest and the NY State Dept of Parks, Robinwood is in the Adirondack Park Preserve within the town of Hamilton and just east of Bog Lake and Clear Pond.
0 Replies

Woollcott

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 03:36 pm
Thanks for your quick reply. I have received two replies about two different camps - very close to each other. It will probably take awhile to track this down, but at least I now have two locations. Thanks again.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 05:31 am
http://www.robinwoodpark.com/

Have you seen this one?
0 Replies

need2ask

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 02:49 pm
Woollcott Robinwood in the Adirondacks
Did you ever find information about Robinwood? I have been searching for information about a place with the same name, from the 70's that my grandparents took us to. It was a private camp with a (as remembered)huge cabin....
Woollcott

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 10:03 pm
Robinwood
No. I have had some "leads," but nothing solid. I have become convinced, however, that it is one of the two mentioned in my first post. I have been told of a museum near Long Lake which most likely has the answer, but I don't know the name of the museum. Also, I have become convinced that the camp was reached primarily by train until the late 1940s or early 1950s.
0 Replies

d3fct

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 10:07 am
robinwood
Hello, im an ex robinwoodpark member. Currently my father and boss are members. And yes it was a train station i believe, I think I remember the bldg has been a while everything has fallen down. There was a huge lodge and and ice house up on bog lake too, thats gone now aswell. Here is a site I made a long time ago. Robinwood Park
Woollcott

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 05:37 pm
@d3fct,
Thank you so VERY much! Your reply was exactly what I needed!
0 Replies

Woollcott

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 05:38 pm
@need2ask,
Please see the reply from d3fct
0 Replies