EVIDENCE OF CREATION OR IDD

littlek

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 08:52 pm
Farmerman, lay heavy on how much those swags gather dust and how difficult they will be to clean......
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 08:53 pm
The room is chair railed and bookcased in a putty green. with white plastered walls and a vaulted beam ceiling. Sky blue? I dont think so. What are architectural sheers? can I cut grass with em?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 09:01 pm
Oh, stop with your homonym double entendre. I was suggesting something still masculine but more cheerful. Actually, sky blue would work well with white and putty green.

Architectural sheers are an open weave and, again, more masculine looking. They are available in hundreds of patterns (not printed designs but geometric weaves).
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 09:07 pm
Is that the color 'green putty'?

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/painting/basicputty/images/mix4.jpg
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 09:13 pm
That looks like something growing on your bathroom wall. I would take care of that if I were you.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 09:14 pm
heehee....

Is putty green a grey-green?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 09:15 pm
Like - - sage green?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 09:17 pm
I think he means kind of a sage green.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 09:19 pm
Like birch green?
http://www.whirlingpool.com/isetta/restore/Paint%20Chips%201.JPG

or Willow Green?
http://www.amxfiles.com/resource/tech/chips69.jpg
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 09:20 pm
Well..... how can we consult if we don't know which friggin color he's talking about!?!?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 10:02 pm
Maybe he meant "pretty green" but is emulating Sentanta's Jeebus lingo.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 03:31 am
Listens to the deafening silence from the ID/creationist camp.
Ahh what sweet music they make.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 03:36 am
Let me play 'devils advocate'(errr...ya) a moment.

Evidence of creation is creation itself.

Evidence of creation is , seemingly, to be found somewhere in the misrepresentation of evolution.

Evidence of creation is that we have a soul.

Evidence of creation? Evidence is whatever I say it is, therefor me being alive is evidence of creation

There is some of the more popular ones I have encountered over the years. Enjoy.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 06:36 am
farmerman wrote:
I'm thinking that , during creation, everything that was alive, ever, was created all at once. Then it began dying off, at which time it left fossils.
However, since I wasnt there, I cant be sure, and thus,not having been there, that interpretation doesnt stand up to closer inspection, unless the earth were really young. No, that doesnt stand up to close inspection either.

Im still thinking.

I'm thinking that everything was created approximately 6000 years ago. Everything including a complete and detailed fully comprehensive history of time and space. The past was created as well as the present, and they were made to match.

Animals popped into existance and remembered their previous morning, even though they never had one. Behaviours and instincts suddenly existed as though they had always existed.

All the processes of biology and physical laws were put into place and started in one moment, with a rich trail of history to preceed them.

Of course, this very same argument works for any moment in time we choose (it might have happened ten minutes ago), and there's no way to detect the creation event happening since it leaves no mark.

If this were happening, then the philosophical question would be "is there any difference between an undetectable creation event, and no creation event at all".
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 06:45 am
see, now youre getting the idea. You just sort of let your mind go limp and its amazing how much science we can explain away.

remeber Whites "Once and Future King"? In the book < Merlin was actually born old and then keeps getting younger at some variable scale of time. He still retains his fture memories so he becomes a quite precocious youngster.
Can I work that into a meaningful explanation of life?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 06:52 am
Littlek and Wiz. I turned back a page and saw your color swatches. The putty green is a Munsell Color chip %Y-4/2 Its a grey green sort of what they used to call Nantucket Green. Its a mid value and does go well with a dark maroon on its own (I think we had the idea years ago) BUT, Ive gotten to like the spare wood and plaster look with the green on the chair rail/wainscoting and bookcases.

K where did you dig up the clor charts? did you type in Munsell colors?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 06:53 am
farmerman wrote:
see, now youre getting the idea. You just sort of let your mind go limp and its amazing how much science we can explain away.

If creation happened the way I described, then the evidence supports my theory (since my theory predicts a natural world, then all natural evidence will support my ID hypothesis). It really could have happened that way, and we would never know it. But that's why I ask, "does it matter?".

This is why I work so hard in crea/evo threads to point out the difference between naturalistic arguments and non-natrualistic arguments. And why it is pointless for creationists to try to hold us to "absolute proof", when science only requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 06:56 am
I'm with your wife on the maroon :-)
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 08:09 am
I couldn't find a %Y-4/2 on those charts or am I going blind? That's it! Maroon for some mini-blinds (get the white on one side, color on the other mini-blinds) for light and temperature control and the green for side panels, just simple tie-backs, maybe in a moray silk.

I think farmerman has got it -- Merlin is God.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 12:16 am
rosborne979 wrote:
If this were happening, then the philosophical question would be "is there any difference between an undetectable creation event, and no creation event at all".
Very crisp! It comes back to proving the realty of existence in any manner.
0 Replies