Intelligent Design is not creationism

Setanta

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 03:12 pm
You're a hoot . . . will you be here all week? I won't forget to tip the waiters and waitresses, and you were right, the seafood special is just divine . . .
0 Replies

Teleologist

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 03:17 pm
Quote:
What "credentials" do you allege that Dembski possesses as a "design theorist?"

I referred to him as a design theorist because he theorizes about design. What "credentials" does one need to do this? Do I need "credentials" to debate this topic?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 03:19 pm
Certainly not, nor will you need any credentials to continue to inspire guffaws in those who read this thread.

I am glad to see that you are willing to acknowledge that Dembski has no particular qualification to comment on the topic of design, as it makes it much easier to point out that your initial post is peddling bullshit and that the title of this thread is a lie.
0 Replies

Teleologist

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 03:50 pm
Quote:
I am glad to see that you are willing to acknowledge that Dembski has no particular qualification to comment on the topic of design.

I don't know and I don't care about Dembski's or anyone else's credentials/qualifications. I follow the arguments pro and con and determine which I think are best.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 03:54 pm
Ah, low standards in this case then?
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 04:26 pm
You'll get use to Set, Teo. He's all bark and no bite. :wink:

Atleast not that I know of...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 04:49 pm
In this case, intelligent design is an oxymoron.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 06:06 pm
Agreed, so many creatures are so poorly "designed" I would figure that everyone would honestly would have to come to the conclusion that we are an cosmic anomoly; an accident.

Theo - If you are going to use this guy as your source that ID is science, you have to understand why credentials would be important here.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 07:04 pm
Quote:
I am a thoroughly committed and unapologetic evolutionary biologist trained to the PhD level... I find that the evidence for biological evolution is overwhelming...And, I believe in Intelligent Design.

How different this would be if he said he found the evidence for intelligent design to be overwhelming, but he believed in evolution.

I guess being a PhD (sorry, "trained to PhD level" - may not be the same thing) at least makes him smart enough to choose his words very carefully.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 07:21 pm
Intelligent design has given us the tarantula and the aardvark. Would anybody in their right mind actually "design" those. Maybe a flea-bitten geek with an IQ of 65.
0 Replies

Kratos

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 07:47 pm
Everyone here: Are you ignorant or just apathetic?

Teleologist wrote:
I don't know and I don't care...

Case closed.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 07:51 pm
Not a good way to start the day -- read the TOS.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 07:59 pm
Eorl wrote:
Quote:
I am a thoroughly committed and unapologetic evolutionary biologist trained to the PhD level... I find that the evidence for biological evolution is overwhelming...And, I believe in Intelligent Design.

How different this would be if he said he found the evidence for intelligent design to be overwhelming, but he believed in evolution.

I guess being a PhD (sorry, "trained to PhD level" - may not be the same thing) at least makes him smart enough to choose his words very carefully.

What is more important is that Mr. Lamoreux is yet another "Professor" of Science and Religion of the Dembsky stamp. As this bio page shows, his focus is very much christianity, and yet our author here fails to acknowledge the important religious component in the careers of the people to whom he refers, while denying that ID and creationism are related.

In other words, this joker thinks we are all stupid.
0 Replies

Kratos

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 08:01 pm
Admittedly not constructive, nonetheless it points out exactly where one would begin tuning him out. Besides, it's a vague reference to a dialogue between Frank Layden and an athlete.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 08:03 pm
Ah yes, i always look to NBA coaches for true enlightenment . . . second on my short list, right after Professors of Science and Religion . . .
0 Replies

Kratos

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 08:10 pm
Setanta wrote:
Ah yes, i always look to NBA coaches for true enlightenment . . . second on my short list, right after Professors of Science and Religion . . .

Sweet. Budha ain't got nothin on you.
0 Replies

Teleologist

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 08:19 pm
Quote:
Theo - If you are going to use this guy as your source that ID is science, you have to understand why credentials would be important here.

And what would be the credentials that would establish one as an expert on ID? Besides, I didn't use Dembski as a source that ID is science. I used him as a source that ID isn't creationism.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 08:19 pm
They know about dribbling -- which is what the idiots who support ID are best at.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 09:49 pm
It seems like ID is a piece of propaganda used to delegitimize evolution and thus make people more receptive to creationism.

It just seems like ID supporters are just acting as a milestone on the road towards creationism.

I'll skip writing an entire paragraph and just say: AGENDA.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 09:55 pm
Like a "gateway drug." These people are on a drug but it doesn't have to be administered orally or through a syringe. It seems to be something like dopamine. Only it's spelled dopeamine.
0 Replies