Why Would Anyone Do This???????????

Setanta

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 03:29 pm
You are growing, or appear to grow, somewhat hysterically paranoid--flinging out unsubstantiated allegations of pederasty, for example.

You originally said that the cable tv line was connected to the phone line. But you now state that your cable tv is separate from the telephone and DSL service. That strongly suggests that your cable television comes in over coaxial cable--which cannot possibly be connected to the telephone pairs. The suggestion is strong that you are making things up--although i'll take the charitable view and assume that you were just confused.
0 Replies

joluma

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 05:18 pm
Simply explaining it the only way I know how.

FBI Agent is at my door now.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 05:20 pm
Are you sure the guy wasn't just trying to steal cable and hooked up the wrong wire?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 05:21 pm
Joluma - I've read your posts and I think you are either having fantasies about doing some of these things you describe or you're having mental problems that are leading you to paranoid thoughts. I think you should get help from professionals- and I don't mean the FBI.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 05:24 pm
If I ever tried to steal cable this is exactly what would happen to me.

The FBI would end up at my door. "Get on the ground you child molesting scumbag".
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 06:40 pm
Setanta wrote:
You are growing, or appear to grow, somewhat hysterically paranoid--flinging out unsubstantiated allegations of pederasty, for example.

You originally said that the cable tv line was connected to the phone line. But you now state that your cable tv is separate from the telephone and DSL service. That strongly suggests that your cable television comes in over coaxial cable--which cannot possibly be connected to the telephone pairs. The suggestion is strong that you are making things up--although i'll take the charitable view and assume that you were just confused.

It seems that Setanta and I are in complete agreement on this issue. That in itself, is even stranger than the stories that we have been reading in this thread. Smile
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 06:50 pm
errr.. yeah..

If your phone line (which is a part of your DSL service!) has been connected to your cable coax how is it that you are still able to use the DSL (to post here) and the phone (to call the police/FBI)? It no worky dat way!

*straps on his tinfoil hat*
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 08:03 pm
Hmmm, either the "stalker" has given up or the jig is up.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 08:14 pm
Or the alien stalker ghost pedophiles won and Joluma is now an evil zombie roaming the earth and doing their bidding, and then you'll all be sorry.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 08:45 pm
someone is on some reallllllllly good crank.. Shocked
0 Replies

Michael S

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 11:27 pm
Setanta wrote:
But you now state that your cable tv is separate from the telephone and DSL service. That strongly suggests that your cable television comes in over coaxial cable--which cannot possibly be connected to the telephone pairs.

I'm sorry and mabee I'm wrong. But what is the technical reason that you can't connect the telephone to the coaxial and transmit in a similar way to power line technology, demodulating or filtering the resultant siganl at the other end?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 03:06 pm
Michael_S wrote:
Setanta wrote:
But you now state that your cable tv is separate from the telephone and DSL service. That strongly suggests that your cable television comes in over coaxial cable--which cannot possibly be connected to the telephone pairs.

I'm sorry and mabee I'm wrong. But what is the technical reason that you can't connect the telephone to the coaxial and transmit in a similar way to power line technology, demodulating or filtering the resultant siganl at the other end?

To do that you'd have to have some method of modulating the voice signal over the coax line and demodulating it at the other end. The modulator/demodulator would also have to handle impedemce matching and other mundane tasks at the same time.

A plain twisted pair phone line connected to your cable coax would end up just creating interference on your cable signal and a whole lot of noise on your phone. Any voice signal that managed to get onto the coax line would get blocked to the filter can where the coax meets the main feed out at the street.
0 Replies

Michael S

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 10:37 am
Hi,
and thanks for the response, certainly you may be right. But I don't buy it. Someone was objecting earlier about how much experience is needed to clip a couple of wires together, when in reality all you need is a lighter and wire with a couple of crockadile clips at either end, a five year old could do it in 30 seconds.

I have 20 years in the electonics industry, and while I understand what you are saying may well be fact, I think I am going to do a little experiment and see how easy it is.

you have to remember, a basic telephone will filter out anything above 400Hz , so you dont need sophisticated equipment.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 03:01 pm
Michael_S wrote:
you have to remember, a basic telephone will filter out anything above 400Hz , so you dont need sophisticated equipment.

Ummm.. no. If a telephone filtered out anything above 400Hz no one would ever talk to anyone. The human voice ranges from 300 Hz to 3400 Hz.

But go ahead and expirement and let us all know of your results.
0 Replies

Michael S

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 07:48 am
Ooops my bad , typo. The phone companies require accute attenuation above 4000Hz .
Quote:
The human voice ranges from 300 Hz to 3400 Hz.

This is roughly the frequency resonse of a telephone, not the range of human voice. But I'm sure thats what you meant.
0 Replies

lumajo

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 08:29 pm
I am the poster formerly known as Joluma. I came to this forum with a real problem. I admit I am tech-challenged, but I explained the situation in the only way I knew how. The FBI did finally come a-knocking on my door. They are investigating. The online stalking is STILL GOING ON, but I have a strong feeling that it will soon end.

:wink:

Thank you to the people who really tried to help. To the others, I hope you do not treat the next person who comes here with a REAL problem like you did me.
0 Replies